+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoke v Millers (Sat 31st)

Not surprisingly Stoke fans' predictions on their Oatcake forum hover around the 3-1 mark. (A couple of draws and even one home defeat but, overwhelmingly, they see an emphatic home win.) As usual we are easily dismissable and "if we cant beat Rotherham we're going nowhere"

Gives us a good motivation for seeing them off now we're in our stride...

Having said that I'd be (very pleasantly) surprised by a win but a hard fought draw is entirely on the cards.

Stoke only lost 2 games to two very good sides who should be there or there abouts come may, Bristol and Swansea. Tough game and I would settle for a point if offered now.

CT - don't forget you can sleep in for an hour for this one as it's an 8am start for us until our clocks change tomorrow. Wouldn't want you scoffing down the Weetabix prematurely

Another tough one, they all are. Think woody had a knock so Angus may be back in would take a draw

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Not surprisingly Stoke fans' predictions on their Oatcake forum hover around the 3-1 mark..
    It's a pleasant one and a half mile walk from the train station to their ground along the canal.
    Just near the ground a fan lives in a canal barge called the oatcake and on match days he sets it up as an outside bar and cafe.
    Oatcakes and bottles of local beer. Away fans welcome for next time.
    Very pleasant and civil

Ive seen a well intentioned article about how the 3-0 win over Wednesday could 'kick start our season'. I don't believe in all that rubbish , its another game with 11 v 11 starting nil,nil ,however if we do pick something up it does start to look like we could have a solid season taking into account all the other away performances so far, including Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Ive seen a well intentioned article about how the 3-0 win over Wednesday could 'kick start our season'. I don't believe in all that rubbish , its another game with 11 v 11 starting nil,nil ,however if we do pick something up it does start to look like we could have a solid season taking into account all the other away performances so far, including Reading.
    Yes agree with that, but our last win will build confidence.

There's a difference between stepping out onto the pitch and expecting a pasting and stepping out thinking "right then, we can win this"

As our friends in S6 will find today v Wycombe, should be a win for the Owls under normal circumstances but recent events have introduced self doubt, so they may come unstuck.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    CT - don't forget you can sleep in for an hour for this one as it's an 8am start for us until our clocks change tomorrow. Wouldn't want you scoffing down the Weetabix prematurely
    I wish I’d read this earlier!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12