+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Lockdown Next Week

National Lockdown Next Week

Stock up them bog rolls

And when the lockdown is lifted, Coronavirus will still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    And your solution would be??

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    And your solution would be??
    You have to build the health provision to cope with Covid, other than a vaccine there’s no other way back to normality!

My mates wife is a sister at a local hospital, I have heard from her and from someone else in the health system that normal seasonal flu and other viruses are almost non existent this year, deaths from influenza are minuscule.

Covid is mopping up those that would in the main, die from these other winter illnesses.

In the main it is old people and obese people who are dying from this and often they are both.

I’m staying close to home and being more careful again just because it’s autumn now and disease is more prevalent.

Bottom line is we are doing all this to try and save 0.01% of the population who would mostly die of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You have to build the health provision to cope with Covid, other than a vaccine there’s no other way back to normality!

My mates wife is a sister at a local hospital, I have heard from her and from someone else in the health system that normal seasonal flu and other viruses are almost non existent this year, deaths from influenza are minuscule.

Covid is mopping up those that would in the main, die from these other winter illnesses.

In the main it is old people and obese people who are dying from this and often they are both.

I’m staying close to home and being more careful again just because it’s autumn now and disease is more prevalent.

Bottom line is we are doing all this to try and save 0.01% of the population who would mostly die of other things.
    The after effects are been over looked. Everybody looking only at the death column. I know of at least three work colleagues who have not returned to work months after contracting SARS-COV2 virus. It is the hidden economic cost of this virus. We are talking people in their late 20s early 30s. Been over looked cause not enough scientific evidence....YET.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    An analogy..
    The lockdown is to try and avoid a Leppings lane end scenario, where lots of people are funneling into an area that can't cope with the volume...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    The after effects are been over looked. Everybody looking only at the death column. I know of at least three work colleagues who have not returned to work months after contracting SARS-COV2 virus. It is the hidden economic cost of this virus. We are talking people in their late 20s early 30s. Been over looked cause not enough scientific evidence....YET.
    My mother in law is quite a young 70 year old, doesn’t smoke or drink, she had Covid back in May, wiped her out for about a week similar to the effects of catching the flu. However she still has no sense of smell and is not the person she was before, gets tired very easily and is now quite forgetful. We shouldn’t underestimate the long effects of this disease on the relatively healthy..

I put the predicament that we find ourselves in fairly and squarely on the shoulders of those morons, of all ages, who completely ignore the rules and regulations implemented. You only had to witness the scenes in Nottingham on Thursday night. I'm not singling out Nottingham as it could have been any city. What have these individuals got between their ears? Certainly not a brain. I cannot find a single excuse for their idiotic and selfish behaviour. In this case it has to be said, from the footage on TV, that they were all roughly in the 18 to 30 age bracket

The most worrying thing of all is that I can't see their behaviour altering. Short of sticking them in front of a firing squad that is! It's no use blaming the government as they can only do so much. To be perfectly honest unless we find a vaccine I don't see a way out of this mess.

I do now think that given a vaccine may end up being like the flu jab and needed each year without providing total immunity that Mick is correct, provide enough winter Covid capacity within the NHS, would seem the only way we can really get back to normal, we would need to continue to shield the vulnerable particularly over the winter months but ultimately we have to try and get back to living our lives. As I said earlier the long Covid symptoms worry me but I’m not sure how else we do things? Either way the NHS can’t just he turned on like a tap so this would be some way off.. wouldn’t want to be a politician now, damned if you do damned if you don’t..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)