+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich A

Ipswich A

Another Saturday, another game against one of the "bigger" teams. Which Alex will turn up this time. Recently our midfield seems to have struggled to get a foothold in the game. I think that Lowery should start with maybe Powell out wide.

Our defence has held out well in recent times, so I predict a 1-1 draw.

I see that Ipswich bloggers suggest this will be an easy game for Ipswich and predict 3-0. They also seem to think we are a "physical" side (????). Anyway, I was quite pessimistic about this game but now I'm a bit geed up for it. Nevertheless we won't win. 1-1

I have been fearing this could be our wake up call match and, as their form has been up and down I am fearing the worst. To be honest, if we repeat the Sunderland shoreline I’ll be delighted! 1-1 would be great, but I think it’s more likely to be 0-2. Still, if the performance is better than Tuesday night’s I’ll. be (relatively) content.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    I have been fearing this could be our wake up call match and, as their form has been up and down I am fearing the worst. To be honest, if we repeat the Sunderland shoreline I’ll be delighted! 1-1 would be great, but I think it’s more likely to be 0-2. Still, if the performance is better than Tuesday night’s I’ll. be (relatively) content.

We played some great football but can't finish. Is it me or is it Mandron is too slow in the box?

Disappointing that we lost after playing so well, so much so that Lambert felt we deserved at least something from the match.

I will turn all Dario now (when we won he always found fault, when we lost he looked for the positives) and say that we have now played 6 of the top 8 and looked up the task, beating one of them and unlucky to lose to 2 others. In the three matches against teams below us we’ve taken 7 points from a possible 9.

Would still be better to take more of the chances we create, of course. Regarding Mandron yeah he’s not the quickest, but then neither is the man he replaced! I think his all round play is excellent, though, and he is still our top scorer! Time for Powell, Kirk and Dale to join the party.

Our not scoring has almost nothing to do with Mandron being slow. He is, but that isn't really the problem. Although they played really well, we still don't get the ball into the box quickly enough. Did you watch MOTD last night with Shearer criticising Sheff U for playing short balls around the box rather than using the strikers in the box. I immediately thought about the Alex.
    Anyway, if we keep closing down and moving the ball forward like we did yesterday then we're going to tonk someone.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Our not scoring has almost nothing to do with Mandron being slow. He is, but that isn't really the problem. Although they played really well, we still don't get the ball into the box quickly enough. Did you watch MOTD last night with Shearer criticising Sheff U for playing short balls around the box rather than using the strikers in the box. I immediately thought about the Alex.
    Anyway, if we keep closing down and moving the ball forward like we did yesterday then we're going to tonk someone.
    And where better to start than with Gillingham and their odious manager?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Slow to get it in the box, maybe waiting for Mandron to get there?

What’s this with the criticism of Mandron? I’d venture to suggest that we were used to waiting for Ports last season and that he’s not the only one should be getting in the box! He’s been top notch this season so leave the fella alone and praise what he does (which is plenty, by the way). I try to be a glass half full man and there are times you can tell I moved here in my 30s!!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    What’s this with the criticism of Mandron? I’d venture to suggest that we were used to waiting for Ports last season and that he’s not the only one should be getting in the box! He’s been top notch this season so leave the fella alone and praise what he does (which is plenty, by the way). I try to be a glass half full man and there are times you can tell I moved here in my 30s!!

Mandron played well tonight ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast