+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coventry v Reading

Coventry v Reading

Watching the game you couldn’t determine which of these teams was at the top of the league or near the bottom of the league.
    And it’s another indication of how slight the differences are between the teams in this seasons Championship.
    Which makes things even more frustrating and annoying when realising that if we could start putting some of the shed load of chances that we are being creating then we would be near the top of the league by now.
    Surely Dane and the board members can see this !?!?!

We did the double over Fulham last season Nudge .

Twas ever thus in the championship and it will always throw up these kind of results .

I'll settle for half a dozen more points than last season personally .

Talk of top 6 is for the fairies in my opinion , the squad is threadbare and we lack consistency due to the youthfulness of the squad .

We could beat Bournemouth home and away and lose to Wycombe and nobody would be surprised .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Watching the game you couldn’t determine which of these teams was at the top of the league or near the bottom of the league.
    And it’s another indication of how slight the differences are between the teams in this seasons Championship.
    Which makes things even more frustrating and annoying when realising that if we could start putting some of the shed load of chances that we are being creating then we would be near the top of the league by now.
    Surely Dane and the board members can see this !?!?!
    Dane is only CEO following the Board's instructions and being their PR man.
    Conway (arseoyle) can see it Nudge but it's Money Before Ambition.

As we know, on any given day any team in this league can beat each other. Consistency is the key. Picking up points in scrappy games teks thi a long way. Warnock is a master at it hence his promotion record. As Animal sez our kids aren't there yet consistency wise and nor ever likely to be when tha considers amount o comings and goings ivry season. This is actually the first year in a long time when I can remember that at least 3 key players ent bin sold from under the head coach. I expect us to survive unless we ev a fire sale in January but owt above mid table is pie in the sky over 46 games no matter how close it might seem.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    . This is actually the first year in a long time when I can remember that at least 3 key players ent bin sold from under the head coach. .
    ....only because bids were not high enough for Woodrow (Coronavirus economies?) and Mowatt (not signed contract) had a spell of poor form. I don't think it was Board policy to retain them to gradually build a team of Championship quality.