+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Cup semi final - can we do it?

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Hedges was our best player for me but he needs to work on his shooting, and practice with both feet. His accuracy is a bit poor and that chance he had to shoot on 10-15 minutes on his wrong foot was screaming to be hit! He sh@ it, cut inside, chance gone.
    Maybe cosgrove looked sharp in training, but he was off it in the game. Couple of poor headers and not much else.

Consi gave plenty ammo out for free with that 2nd goal, but it should never have made it over! Who was that let Rogic cross it? Shoulda been blocked. Kennedy was decent.

Too many high balls for me. Was that a consequence of Sam being back even though he’s better with it at his feet!
    Yep - agree with all of that. Also thought McLennan did well when he came on.

It was Hoban who allowed the cross and it was really poor defending to let the Tim stand up a ball to the back post like that.

Considine getting flak for poor defending at the back post which is fair - but if Hoban had done his job the ball wouldn't have got there in the first place.

I like Hoban, we all do, but that doesn't spare him from criticism when deserved - like for his poor defending at the second goal.

We're a better team than for several years - but still well short of them. Its a pretty unbridgeable gap. Milne has made sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Fitba cliche, they wanted it more. They were all over us as soon as we got the ball. Cosgrove was the wrong move. Too soon.

When is one of our guys going to break Scott brown? Get main to go through him, he’s big enough. Hate that cvnt!
    McInnes could have brought Cosgrove on at half time against Hamilton to get some much needed match practice. But we were only 4-1 up at the time, so fair enough.

Not fit enough to start today, and last time he came on against Celtic he was sent off for bumping into Scott Brown, a collision not as bad as Brown's assault on Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by WeDontNeedEusebio View Post
    McInnes could have brought Cosgrove on at half time against Hamilton to get some much needed match practice. But we were only 4-1 up at the time, so fair enough.

Not fit enough to start today, and last time he came on against Celtic he was sent off for bumping into Scott Brown, a collision not as bad as Brown's assault on Watkins
    I’ll need to see it again but it looked pretty reckless. That’s an elbow on Wright and jumping through Watkins in a week, but nothing to see according to the bitb. Hmm

It’s strange why McInnes hasn’t complained about incidents in both matches. Obviously not bothered about looking out for his players. The players themselves should be more street wise though. Wonder why they are not?....it happens a lot.

Maybe over critical here butlooking at the goalsin both cases Kennedy let [palyers come inside hime. He did not track Christie as he moved to correct the return pass.
    At the second he allowed the guy to come inside and then the cross for the goal was allowed to come over and I thought Hoban could have down better to stop the cross in the first place and Considine showed no awareness at the back post.

Oh and get Hedges to stay back after training and give him sessions where he can only use right foot. Sick and tired of hearing the excuse it was on their wrong foot. Professional fitba players should not have a wrong foot. Absolute bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    Maybe over critical here butlooking at the goalsin both cases Kennedy let [palyers come inside hime. He did not track Christie as he moved to correct the return pass.
    At the second he allowed the guy to come inside and then the cross for the goal was allowed to come over and I thought Hoban could have down better to stop the cross in the first place and Considine showed no awareness at the back post.

Oh and get Hedges to stay back after training and give him sessions where he can only use right foot. Sick and tired of hearing the excuse it was on their wrong foot. Professional fitba players should not have a wrong foot. Absolute bollox.
    Your right in that Kennedy didn’t track Christie.
    I think it was down to match sharpness.

Considine should definitely cleared the second, but thought with better footwork, Lewis could have also easily worked across the line as opposed to jumping at the front post

Glass half full view.

Its getting better !!

Still sick to lose yet another game to them .But , we are now starting to have a go. Team was picked to attack , and fromthe start we were pressing them. Even enough into them making mistakes and losing the ball.

Sure it's stil early days and this team needs to evolve. A couple of better central defenders would be niceWatkins was invisible first half when Cosgrove was on. Hedges was wasted out wide .Nice ti see Kennedy back , Leigh looked fairly good when he came on too ?

McCrorie was his usual good self. Etc etc.

I'm going to take the view of when I trekked all the way down to watch us play Liverpool back in tye 80s , when we (eventualy) got thumped. But it was the start of something.

Cormack , keep driving us onwith the demand for attractive attacking football. Start telling Deek we must qualify for the euro group stages from this season onwards.

We'll get there. ?

(Slowly !!)

(Cue the negative vibes from the usual " realists" ? Me , I need to hold onto some hope to get me through this bladdy lockdown !!! )

I'm surprised with how easy a ride the players and management are getting on this thread.

If that's how we are going to play in Scottish Cup semi-finals then it will be another 30 years plus before we lift the trophy again even if Sevco and Celtic swan off to the European league.

That type of insipid performance wasn't good enough to beat anyone let alone a team that's won the last x amount of cup ties consecutively. I thought Cosgrove was a mistake when I heard the team news. I thought a Cosgrove searching for match fitness would be ideal to throw on in the second half as their legs started to tire from European exertions. I was also surprised that Kennedy went straight in too.

I disagree with the above and would say that I thought McCrorie and Ferguson were both poor yesterday. The goals were preventable. Christie was given all the time he required to pick a spot, and if we're not blocking the Rogic cross then Considine shouldn't be waiting for the ball to drop onto the line. Schoolboy stuff.

However, I don't think we would have won that game whichever team we put out from our current squad in whatever formation. The players don't seem to fear losing to Celtic. It's accepted by the club, players and most of the fans that it's unlikely we'll beat them. We lose the match in the dressing room before the match.

We're stuck in a rut. We can't get rid of McInnes because we fear returning to the pish that we saw under his predecessors. However, we're incapable of getting any further under McInnes. We can't even reach the 4th round of the Europa League qualifiers. We seem destined to lose everytime we play Celtic in a big cup match (Scottish Cup win against Delia's side at half full Porkheid aside and even then we didn't reach even the final). And now a good season in the league means we finish 3rd and a bad season is 4th.

I'm afraid we're going nowhere. Groundhog Day was on Dave ja vu channel after the match last night, and that's how it feels. We're doing the same thing and getting the same results.

And what the f@ck is happening with Herendez???? If Cormack is saying we paid £800k for this player then questions need to be asked why he isn't deemed worthy of even for the bench in a cup semi final. I suppose we'll hear the usually, "oh he's injured" pish
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 02-11-2020 at 10:46 AM.

The Hernández thing is very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    The Hernández thing is very odd.
    Very.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112