Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deid!

Deid!

Shir Shean Connery.

90's a decent knock.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!"

God’sh holy troushersh, Peachy.

https://youtu.be/iWLuLOZRhQg
    Last edited by 57vintage; 31-10-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Often knocked due to his accent but he was one of the finest, most watchable actors there has ever been.

I think I'll stick on the Man Who Would be King tonight.

Aye, he made some cracking films and had a proper party life. RIP min.

A very decent actor and a supporter of independence. What’s not to like.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Such a big supporter of independence that he lived in the Bahamas

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Never too keen on his ambivalence on wife-beating and his tax exile arrangements. Nobody else could have played the Daniel Dravot rôle as he did though.

Did we ever find out who he really supported?

In my top Connery films he is either sent to prison, shot and/or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Did we ever find out who he really supported?
    Clarified in today's Herald. Gloryhunter.

"ONE LAST THING
    He prevented Dr No from starting a war between Russia and the United States by knocking his adversary into a reactor pool, electrocuted Goldfinger’s evil henchman Oddjob before he could detonate a dirty bomb inside Fort Knox and foiled Blofeld’s dastardly plot to destroy Washington DC with a laser satellite.
    In later years, he defected to the West with nuclear submarine Red October, helped Indiana Jones get his hands on the Holy Grail before the Nazis could and made sure Elliott Ness put mobster Al Capone behind bars (the Chicago Way, naturally).
    But perhaps the most remarkable, and certainly the most perilous, feat pulled off by Sir Sean Connery, whose passing at the age of 90 was announced on Saturday, was changing his allegiances from Celtic to Rangers.
    Sir Sean’s father Joseph was a fan of the Parkhead club and he shared that passion as a young man. He was an occasional attendee at their games when he achieved global fame as James Bond. And he was even involved in the organisation of the benefit match for Jock Stein in 1978.
    A useful footballer who played for Midlothian junior club Bonnyrigg Rose as a right winger, was offered a trial by East Fife and turned down a contract with Manchester United after impressing his countryman Sir Matt Busby in a practice match in order to pursue a career in acting, he then crossed the Old Firm divide.
    His friendship with Sir David Murray, the former Rangers owner, saw him become a regular at the Ibrox club’s matches in the 1990s. One minute he was cheering: “C’mon the Hoopsh!” The next he was declaring: “No Shurrender!”
    Or perhaps not. His move from the East End to Govan, though, didn’t go unnoticed. “I get spat on when I go to Parkhead,” he once joked.
    But if anyone could get away with such a controversial switch it was Sir Sean. In truth, the Edinburgher only ever took a passing interest in the fortunes of the Glasgow clubs. That fans of both have expressed their sadness at the screen icon’s death has shown he transcended tribal loyalties."

I heard on the radio today (it made me chuckle but really I shouldn’t) tributes being made about him then someone complained about him for saying all women deserved a slap. Can’t remember him saying that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast