+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Sean Connery, the best Bond

I can just picture him now laid out on a steel plate about to have his bollax lasered. Out comes two of the most recalled lines from a bond film.

'Do you expect me to talk?.........'No Mr Bond I expect you to die!'

Sir Thomas Sean Connery what a man. Claims he lost his virginity at 14, became a milkman, lorry driver, an artists model and coffin polisher.
    He was once playing in a friendly match organised by Sir Matt busby who, was so impressed by Connery's physique, he offered him a contract which, he turned down as he wanted to be an actor.

He was voted by People magazine as both the “S.exiest Man Alive" in 1989 and the "S.exiest Man of the Century” in 1999, which you could believe at the time, afterall he was Mr charisma.

One of my favourite films of his, has to be The Untouchables where he played a great part.

Bet he has lead a truly amazing life. One who will be sadly missed.

RIP Sir Thomas 'Sean' Connery.
    Last edited by Brin; 31-10-2020 at 01:34 PM.

My favourite line in Bond was in Diamonds are Forever. Two men working in a remote oil field hear noises in the pipeline. They open up the pipeline and out he walks in full dinner jacket & bow tie. “Thank you” he says. “I was out walking my rat and I appear to have got lost!”

Terrific actor. A true great. RIP Sir Sean.

Fantastic actor. The man just personified charm and charisma. That cheeky little half smirk. Whilst I like all of the Bond actors (maybe not Dalton so much), Connery was udeniably The best.

Sad news indeed 😥

RIP Sir,my favourite Bond of all time.

Of course it's a matter of opinion as to who was the best Bond. However those who don't think it was Sean Connery don't know what they're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Of course it's a matter of opinion as to who was the best Bond. However those who don't think it was Sean Connery don't know what they're talking about
    Yeah Roger Moore by a country mile

Nurse, the tablets are wearing off !!

I thought he'd died last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I thought he'd died last year.
    No but two famous Bond actresses died this year too, Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    No but two famous Bond actresses died this year too, Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg.
    And the lesser known Miss Funnyfanny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12