+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I think Sean has been warned to behave as he had a road to Damascus moment just as season kicked off where he suddenly decided the squad was ok.
    It might explain the fact they rarely speak and are rumoured to communicate through lawyers.
    As we drift from one dismal performance to another, it seems like the end of an era to me, once a manager loses interest, the players lose interest, it happened during Eddie's last few weeks, once the players realised he was off back down south, we began shipping goals for fun, we were abysmal. Is this what's happening now, the players realise Sean has lost interest, so they have as well.

If it is the case then it can't be long before we're looking for a new manager. Or of course, like Lazarus, we might rise from the dead, we've done it before under Sean, but this time. to me at least, it feels different.

If the takeover of BFC goes ahead, and the new owner wants someone from the current board of directors to lead the club forward. I would suggest that there is only one of them that should be considered and the one being Barry Kilby, if he feels recovered enough to take on the role. Mike Garlick appear to have lost all support from the manager and supporters. Unfortunately any lockdown may slow down the takeover process, which could mean no investment in the team in the next transfer window and this may be disastrous for BFC’s premier league future.

"Projects" fail all the time sinkov. There are usually a million reasons, for us it's plain to see a real disconnect between Sean Dyche and the BFC directors, which is probably the main reason Dyche's "project" has hit the rails.

For the first time since I was a lad, I have genuinely lost interest in their shenanigans. I feel sorry for our fans, players and manager, Garlick is noticeable by his absence, the silence is deafening.

I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever, Garlick is manipulating the "takeover" so that he will grease his own pockets to the fullest extent, meanwhile HIS football club can just take a running jump.

Nowhere near good enough is it?
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 02-11-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    72% support the lockdown and 15% are against (including plenty on here and Sir Nigel)

https://www2.politicalbetting.com/in...b967-312616881
    How accurate are these figures? Nobody asked me, my wife, any of the neighbours, none of my family in various parts of the country, none of my friend ---yes I do have a few -----and yet it is quoted that 72% support the lockdown. They make it up as they go along and then they have the audacity to put it into print as though it is gospel truth.
    Nowhere on that report does it say just how many people were questioned!

Here is a poll in September which is now out of date but it gives insight on peoples feelings. Since then of course, the number of cases and deaths have escalated.

What are your son and his wife's views on what needs to be done? Are they against lockdown?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...y-think-they-d

Here is a poll in September which is now out of date but it gives insight on peoples feelings. Since then of course, the number of cases and deaths have escalated.

What are your son and his wife's views on what needs to be done? Are they against lockdown?

The number of deaths has not "escalated". 10,000 people are still dying every week, which is the funeral industry norm.

I know this because I have just signed up a couple of funeral directors and they get "The Funeral Director's Weekly," with figures published to tell them if they will need more coffins than usual.

Happily they do not!

It makes no difference to them because they will be working anyway. They have both had the virus and self-isolated when necessary, although my son had to travel from Sheffield to London to get his test, the LAS would not let him be tested locally. He then ended up travelling back home and having to self-isolate in a room in his house.
    My other son flies out to hot, sandy, hostile areas on Thursday on a 6 month unaccompanied tour of duty so lockdown is the least of his problems, however, his wife will be observing the lockdown because she is Type 1 Diabetic with one kidney and is left to fend on her own until we travel down in December. Life goes on!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    How accurate are these figures? Nobody asked me, my wife, any of the neighbours, none of my family in various parts of the country, none of my friend ---yes I do have a few -----and yet it is quoted that 72% support the lockdown. They make it up as they go along and then they have the audacity to put it into print as though it is gospel truth.
    Nowhere on that report does it say just how many people were questioned!
    I couldn't even be bothered to respond to 59's post Sub, and I can start an argument in an empty room. The polls have been wrong on every major political vote for the last 5/6 years at least, if Biden wins it will be the first one they've called right in years, they're virtually meaningless these days.

There was one I saw a couple of months ago that said 36% were wearing face masks on the streets. I'd done my own little surveys, to relieve the boredom while Mrs S was shopping, in Clitheroe, York, Preston and Lancaster. I must have counted not far off 1,000 people on 8 different occasions, I found the % wearing them was always between 15-20%, not once did I find more than 20% never mind 36%, I can only assume they manipulate the figures to suit their own agenda, or the agenda of those paying for the survey.

"What are your son and his wife's views on what needs to be done? Are they against lockdown?"

For what it's worth 59, I can easily answer your question. My son and his partner are not against lockdown. They both work for the same university on the admin side, they are both now working from home on full pay and absolutely loving it, it saves them a two hour commute each day and car parking charges, they have no desire to return to the office, as far as they're concerned lockdown can last forever.

You are spot on with this sinkov.

Many moons ago I was doing serious marketing research with empirical evidence properly gathered and researched.

The results were astonishing and the company I worked for had an absolute bumper financial year because the data was bang on the money and it responded accordingly. My bonus was reflected in the results.

Fast forward to about 2015 and I tried exactly the same technique to canvas support for the Labour Party. The "researchers" tell you what you want to hear and the hours and hours of hard work were flushed straight down the toilet.

Because I'm wrong in the head, occasionally I run my own little surveys. Following one of my last ones I told our CLP we would lose our seat at the last General Election because they were completely wrong on evaluating potential Labour voters Brexit worries following doorstep canvassing.

They said their "data" would show us winning by 3500, I lost my rag and told them they were all ****ing eejits. We lost by 300 votes, simply because the data was "fatally flawed" and the CLP and Labour HQ were telling themselves porkies and living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Moral of this story: Empirical evidence must be harvested either qualitatively or quantitively by neutral researchers working to a proper protocol and brief. Then and only then can we trust the "science".

Sadly I see no evidence whatsoever of this type of data gathering relational to the UK and the virus. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are producing conflicting data and "science," while we have Johnson producing figures out of thin air, and he really believes we are daft enough to fall for it.

Unfortunately, just by using snapshot techniques we can see on here the gullible fall for this nonsense with hardly a whimper. 72% my arse.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)