+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Shall we have a sweep for how many total deaths due to Covid there will be by the end of the year? Say £5 each? I reckon 80,000 give or take. That's around another 33,000 from today.

And I am good at this kind of stuff - ask Sinkov
    The scores are in, so how did 59 do with his prediction?

Not very well really, 26,843 since his post, so 6,157 fewer than predicted, miles out in fact. But this is not to criticise 59, he made an intelligent estimate based on what he was being told by the Mad Sage Scientists, so he was well wrong, but blame them, not him.

The problem is though, it doesn't really matter that 59 falls for their lies and exaggerations and ends up with egg on his face, but the fruitcakes running this country fall for it just like 59 did, act on their fantasy figures, and then we all suffer the dire consequences.

Never mind, we must keep following The Science, just like 59 did.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Not very well really, 26,843 since his post, so 6,157 fewer than predicted, miles out in fact. But this is not to criticise 59, he made an intelligent estimate based on what he was being told by the Mad Sage Scientists, so he was well wrong, but blame them, not him.

The problem is though, it doesn't really matter that 59 falls for their lies and exaggerations and ends up with egg on his face, but the fruitcakes running this country fall for it just like 59 did, act on their fantasy figures, and then we all suffer the dire consequences.

sinkov, is that not what those running the show are looking for. They keep giving the government their figures, the government keeps changing tack and issuing further instructions and, eventually, the figures will end up agreeing with the predictions.
    It's not rocket science, however, it is science! At least 75% of the populus are absolutely terrified and are totally reliant on the 'nanny state' telling them what to do because they have been conditioned to this for several years now.

They really think that they are not allowed to use common sense and they see MPs, officials, footballers, celebrities doing their own thing without the 'nanny state' doing anything about it, therefore, their attitude become "What is good for the goose is good for the gander" Meanwhile, life goes on.

Given that it's going to be 80,000 in a week he wasn't far out sadly. If anyone doesn't take this seriously they have Ostrich syndrome.

While I am busy insulating my home from this bloody virus, staying home with my wife and in general isolating and cutting myself off from society and avoiding anything I used to consider normal, I look out of the lounge window and see society’s “worker bees” doing their thing.

I see legions of white van drivers, supermarket delivery trucks, posties, firemen, ambulances and policemen and women all doing the day-to-day things they do to earn a crust and keep the wheels of society moving along.

Clearly, we are not really in “Lockdown”, not the sort of “Lockdown” the residents of Wuhan first encountered after a biochemical leak from a laboratory just down the road contaminated them. The sort of China style “Lockdown” where if you passed the gate that closed in the neighbourhood community you were likely to either be shot dead and have your v!tal organs harvested or alternatively, just arrested and have your v!tal organs harvested.

We have a “Lockdown” where you can still stand in a testing queue to validate the massaged figures our government produces to keep us locked down or nip into our local B & Q to buy the goods needed to keep us occupied while we are locked in at home.

It got me thinking, instead of locking down the whole of society, why don’t we just safeguard the elderly and the vulnerable while allowing other people to carry on their lives pretty much as normal.

Not rocket science is it?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Given that it's going to be 80,000 in a week he wasn't far out sadly. If anyone doesn't take this seriously they have Ostrich syndrome.
    There’s lots on ostrich posts on here don’t take it seriously Chris, it’s a master plan to subjugate the plebs not sure what the goal is ( bit like Chris Wood!) but the WHO is at the forefront and all Governments seem to be trying it on.

Sinkov I think being 6k out isn’t bad given all the unknown twist and turns and if we hadn’t locked down we would have gone above it lol

BT strategy was what the Government started doing in March, then Ferguson changed his and their minds.

I would disagree with sub that 75% of people are scared to death, most of my grandsons have no fear at all, the oldies may be, a lot are philosophical, some want to die anyway.

People don’t obey lockdown or social distancing or face masks so maybe Boris should scare them to death and start threatening those who ignore the rules.

Only joking!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post

Sinkov I think being 6k out isn’t bad given all the unknown twist and turns and if we hadn’t locked down we would have gone above it lol
    It is what it is OC, an overestimate by a considerable amount, if someone owed you £33k and offered you less than £27k to pay off the debt, would you say, 'OK, go on then, it's not much' ? Would you ?

And as I said, this is nothing to do with 59, he just made a guess based on what the Mad Scientists of Sage were predicting, but my point is that their predictions are ALWAYS on the top side, ALWAYS an exaggeration, remember the 4000 deaths a day in December which bounced Boris into Lockdown 2 ? You may not mind being lied to on a regular basis, it seems you don't, but it pisses me off.

'if we hadn’t locked down we would have gone above it'. Nice try OC, but 59 made his prediction in the full knowledge that we were about to locked down, and so would have accounted for that fact in his estimate. But full marks for the attempt, don't fancy a job with SAGE by any chance do you, they could find a use for a talent like yours.

It is what it is OC, an overestimate by a considerable amount, if someone owed you £33k and offered you less than £27k to pay off the debt, would you say, 'OK, go on then, it's not much' ? Would you ?

And as I said, this is nothing to do with 59, he just made a guess based on what the Mad Scientists of Sage were predicting, but my point is that their predictions are ALWAYS on the top side, ALWAYS an exaggeration, remember the 4000 deaths a day in December which bounced Boris into Lockdown 2 ? You may not mind being lied to on a regular basis, it seems you don't, but it pisses me off.

'if we hadn’t locked down we would have gone above it'. Nice try OC, but 59 made his prediction in the full knowledge that we were about to locked down, and so would have accounted for that fact in his estimate. But full marks for the attempt, don't fancy a job with SAGE by any chance do you, they could find a use for a talent like yours.
    Prefer Parsley Rosemary and Thyme Sinkov.
    Lol

Sadly, I was only a week out with my guesstimate (which was based on sticking my finger in the air)

Let's hope that the infection rate starts slowing, and quickly, or this will really get out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sadly, I was only a week out with my guesstimate (which was based on sticking my finger in the air)

Let's hope that the infection rate starts slowing, and quickly, or this will really get out of control.
    Well done

It’s out of control in London and coming to a town near you soon

Approximately one in three people who have coronavirus have no symptoms and could be spreading it without realising it.
    "To protect our loved ones it is essential we all stay at home where possible. This will reduce new infections, ease the pressure on the NHS and save lives."
    London Mayor Sadiq Khan said the spread of Covid in the capital was now "out of control", as he declared a "major incident".
    This means the emergency services and hospitals cannot guarantee their normal level of response, and allows special arrangements to be implemented.
    The previous highest daily death toll - 1,224 - was recorded on 21 April 2020 during the UK's first lockdown. Daily deaths were in the single figures as recently as September.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Prefer Parsley Rosemary and Thyme Sinkov.
    Lol
    Yes, I'm with you on that one OC.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)