+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell survive the storm to take the spoils in Livingston

Motherwell survive the storm to take the spoils in Livingston

Motherwell produced two first half goals to take three points from windy Livingston. - External Link

We've got to be happy with that result. 3 points and a clean sheet in horrendous conditions on an abomination of a pitch. Watt played to the old adage of never assuming a keeper will save a shot; be ready to pounce in case he spills it.

Great result especially so given the awful conditions. Good to see Watt on the scoresheet again.

A Happy Halloween indeed ! And, who knows ... mibbees another 6 points coming for the covid postponements at Killie and Midden.

One of the interesting aspects of watching on Alba - unless you speak Gaelic - is that you notice the frequency with which players' names crop up during the commentary. On that basis we squeezed some of the Livi players right out of the game. That was a good, solid performance.
    With the scope for just avoiding hearing the score then watching the whole thing on Alba, I wonder how many 'Well fans parted with the ppv £20? Not many, I hope!

It was like watching football being played on a trampoline. How that pitch is accepted as fit to replicate play on grass is beyond me. Credit our players for mastering dreadful conditions to take a valuable three points. And thanks Alba for saving me 20 quid.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)