+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If only sturgeon Johnson swinney and hancock

If only sturgeon Johnson swinney and hancock

Had went the Swedish way.

Pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Pity.
    Unfortunately this will never happen as politicians never admit that they have made a mistake.

The two right-wing nutters who are most vocal about care home deaths advocating for thousands more care home deaths. Clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Unfortunately this will never happen as politicians never admit that they have made a mistake.
    No they don't Islay.

As i say it's a great pity, cuda saved a million plus jobs and god knows how many buisnesses.

No they don't Islay.

As i say it's a great pity, cuda saved a million plus jobs and god knows how many buisnesses.
    It is good to receive a measured response from you.
    You may remember me posting about my discussion with the Public Health Scotland doctor after she told me that my first Covid-19 test which took place at the beginning of June 2020 was negative.
    I told her that the authorities were taking a ‘sledgehammer to crack a nut’ and that the Covid-19 virus should have to be left to run its course. I further added that tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people are likely to lose their jobs as a result of this policy.
    She replied that a lot more people in the 30-50 age group would have died if the virus had been left to run its course.
    Now 5 months later things are as bad if not worse than before.

Pity.
    Not really the answer tho

Sweden 10x death rate of Norway & Finland and marginally worse impact on economy (8.3%)

Expectation of herd immunity not working out prediction of 40% of adults have anti bodies is actually only 6%

40% of deaths have been in care homes so plan to protect vulnerable not been effective

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    Not really the answer tho

Sweden 10x death rate of Norway & Finland and marginally worse impact on economy (8.3%)

Expectation of herd immunity not working out prediction of 40% of adults have anti bodies is actually only 6%

40% of deaths have been in care homes so plan to protect vulnerable not been effective
    It is the answer.

They ****ed up the care homes like Sturgeon did otherwise death rate much lower. They have already acknowledged this.

They are living free lives, ever one getting their cancer, diabetes and dementia treatments and tests.

Interestingly yesterday I saw an advert on TV regarding people taking their flu injection and for the first time ever the advert stated that on average 11,000 people in the UK died from flu every year.
    This proves that the flu injection is not a ‘magic bullet’ to prevent people dying from the flu as it is likely that most of the deaths from Flu throughout the UK will be people aged 65 and over who qualify for a free flu injection every year.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Interestingly yesterday I saw an advert on TV regarding people taking their flu injection and for the first time ever the advert stated that on average 11,000 people in the UK died from flu every year.
    This proves that the flu injection is not a ‘magic bullet’ to prevent people dying from the flu as it is likely that most of the deaths from Flu throughout the UK will be people aged 65 and over who qualify for a free flu injection every year.
    They now think the total deaths this year will be more or less the same as any other year.

Also found out today there was 28k flu deaths in 2000.

Got my flu jag Friday, felt **** as usual for a day or two.

Question for you Islay.

I know you have said in the past the the boffins guess which flu strain will be most likely in any year......what's their record like on this, generally correct? Always correct?

And why do under 65s get a different vaccine from over 65s....any idea?

They now think the total deaths this year will be more or less the same as any other year.

Also found out today there was 28k flu deaths in 2000.

Got my flu jag Friday, felt **** as usual for a day or two.

Question for you Islay.

I know you have said in the past the the boffins guess which flu strain will be most likely in any year......what's their record like on this, generally correct? Always correct?

And why do under 65s get a different vaccine from over 65s....any idea?
    Seems it is an issue of the strength of the vaccine. Us oldies need a stronger dose due to a reduced immune system.

"However, people aged 65 and over should receive the enhanced quadrivalent vaccine (FluadŽ Quad) over other standard quadrivalent vaccines. The enhanced vaccine has been specially formulated to create a greater immune response amongst the elderly, who are known to have a weaker response to immunisation."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)