+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Supermac (no, no, he hasn't...)

Supermac (no, no, he hasn't...)

Giving it both barrels to Mrs Doubtfire.

Hard to disagree with him, tbh.

https://tinyurl.com/y4eucbt4

Well he's not wrong.

Just read it and agree with it all. Wilson is going to be so frustrated playing in this system( I use the word very very loosely) eventually he will give up trying. The other point he made about the defence dropping back so deep its on Darlows toes which means the midfield drops back even deeper and Wilson becomes more isolated is something I have been saying since the start of last season. Under Rafa our backs and midfielders kept two solid lines and were really organised and therefore we were much harder to break down. It also meant our attackers were in position to either get up and support Rondon or break with the ball. Under the Corbridge cabbage our midfielders drop back so deep they are tripping over our defence, there is no organisation and we look a real rag-tag shambles. Miggy and ASM are too often in the back line and therefore cannot spring any counter attacks.
    The quicker the cabbage goes the better. I suppose that makes me a keyboard warrior now and one of the minority who criticise Steve " I am a Geordie and everyone likes me" Bruce

This site is strange at times
    Last edited by Zippity; 31-10-2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason: as above

Aye, I thought that was an interesting point about Wilson. He'll be dragged down to our usual, shit level.

And I know it's only Supermac (I mean 'only' in that what he says won't have an awful lot of resonance outside of the North East) but it's nice to see somoene in the press openly calling Bruce's style of play out.

Makes a change from absolute gobshites like Jenas, Merson, Sherwood, Savage, Murphy, etc who pedal the 'we play some good stuff, Bruce has done very well, we should consider ourselves lucky' bollocks.

Thats one of the reasons I only watch MOTD if we are not on. Sick of hearing how lucky we are to have such a great manager and how grateful we should be

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)