+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No wins in 16 games

No wins in 16 games

We haven’t won a game this calendar year and that’s now a run of 16 games without a victory.

Lose next weekend and AJ’s job in doubt ? ?

Thoughts .....

3 points ( 3 draws ) from a possible 39 plus our 3 league cup draws this season

He won't be here much longer if this continues although missing the first two games will work in his favour.
    On the plus side we seem to be able to score goals. Just need to plug the gap at the wrong end.

Not even a thread up about yesterdays games. People losing interest with Queens ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    We haven’t won a game this calendar year and that’s now a run of 16 games without a victory.

Lose next weekend and AJ’s job in doubt ? ?

Thoughts .....
    Richard Gordon on Saturday on Radio Scotland was saying that Queens record is now worse than Albion Rovers' and Brechin City's record in the SPFL.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    He won't be here much longer if this continues although missing the first two games will work in his favour.
    On the plus side we seem to be able to score goals. Just need to plug the gap at the wrong end.

Not even a thread up about yesterdays games. People losing interest with Queens ?
    Not losing interest in Queens just this site as rational debate is seemingly dead here ever since we have had no Admin to properly oversee things.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Richard Gordon on Saturday on Radio Scotland was saying that Queens record is now worse than Albion Rovers' and Brechin City's record in the SPFL.

although magics manager skills are at question there has to be some blame for the people who supply him with his budgets ,iv noticed it along time ago queens are on a downward trend under there current regime ,where does it stop as too many of the dwindling faithful accept this as long as our current regime have it so easy with the fans you will never see queens hit the highs of 2008 or being one of the favs for playoff spots ,my prediction queens to be relegated this season unless a massive upturn and it will be a very hard ask to get queens back up under our current regime .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    although magics manager skills are at question there has to be some blame for the people who supply him with his budgets ,iv noticed it along time ago queens are on a downward trend under there current regime ,where does it stop as too many of the dwindling faithful accept this as long as our current regime have it so easy with the fans you will never see queens hit the highs of 2008 or being one of the favs for playoff spots ,my prediction queens to be relegated this season unless a massive upturn and it will be a very hard ask to get queens back up under our current regime .
    Not this again. The BOD are doing the best they can under extremely difficult circumstances and not spending money they don’t have unlike other clubs. Our survival as a football club is the most important thing. Some won’t see out the end of the season IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Not this again. The BOD are doing the best they can under extremely difficult circumstances and not spending money they don’t have unlike other clubs. Our survival as a football club is the most important thing. Some won’t see out the end of the season IMO.

yes johnny and yes i reckon a few clubs could go to the wall before or after season ,but the topic of this convo queens failing to win games makes it relevant whether we like it or not ,magic in my opinion has 5 or 6 decent players to work with the rest are just squad fillers ,we could say a different manager with a different style might do better but with the budget he has to work under hard hard task if the fans are happy with having a club that is just about survival then this topic should be irrelevant as thats exactly what the queens fans are getting a survival budget and this is the scenario the fans will have to put up with seeing queens get thumped most weeks until thay reach a survival level in the game which will be league 1 or or top of league 2 area ,where itl just be about keeping 5 to 600 diehards happy seeing a team on the park ,this scenario wont attract any floaters .so if the fans are happy with that there should be zero complaints when queens cant win matches at championship level .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 02-11-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post

In the current circumstances I can't see the board making in decision on the manager, although i am unsure of his contract situation. I don't think this would be the season for Dobbie or another new comer to management due to the pressures coming from all directions not just on the manager but the livelihood of the players. We need someone to let them go out and play football. I think magic is that man.

The positive is that we are at least scoring goals from different areas of the pitch and just need to plug the gaps at the back . In reality we need to get through this season and come January I wouldn't be surprised to see us in a position to pick up some better quality of players as teams above will be struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    In the current circumstances I can't see the board making in decision on the manager, although i am unsure of his contract situation. I don't think this would be the season for Dobbie or another new comer to management due to the pressures coming from all directions not just on the manager but the livelihood of the players. We need someone to let them go out and play football. I think magic is that man.

The positive is that we are at least scoring goals from different areas of the pitch and just need to plug the gaps at the back . In reality we need to get through this season and come January I wouldn't be surprised to see us in a position to pick up some better quality of players as teams above will be struggling.
    I think the frustrating thing is we’ve matched or bettered most teams apart from Raith Rovers but stupid individual mistakes are costing us. I actually don’t think the team is as bad as some are saying but it’s the results and mistakes that people remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)