+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Leicester City ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United - v - Leicester City ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds captain Liam Cooper is available to face Leicester after recovering from a groin injury.

Fellow defender Diego Llorente remains sidelined with a similar problem, while Kalvin Phillips is still out.

Leicester full-back Timothy Castagne is out with a hamstring problem, while Jonny Evans also missed the win over AEK Athens because of a stiff back.

Jamie Vardy has been managing a calf issue but played 70 minutes of Thursday's Europa League victory.

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

This is a real test for Leicester. The Foxes got a great win over Arsenal last weekend, with Jamie Vardy looking electric when he came on, but the Gunners don't play with the same intensity as Leeds.

Leeds will still have to deal with Vardy, of course, but they have got Patrick Bamford banging in the goals too. His hat-trick against Aston Villa was absolutely top drawer.

Prediction:*2-1

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

This is the first Premier League fixture between Leeds and Leicester since the 2003-04 season, in which both sides were relegated.Leicester have lost just two of the past 13 league meetings, winning five and drawing six.

Leeds United

Leeds have won 15 of their past 20 league matches, drawing two and losing three.Only Brighton and Tottenham had conceded more league goals from set-pieces than Leeds' five prior to the latest round of matches.

Since Marcelo Bielsa took charge in August 2018, only Liverpool and Manchester City have won more league matches in England's top four divisions than Leeds' 57.

They have only kept one clean sheet in 20 Premier League home matches.Patrick Bamford has scored six goals in Leeds' first six league matches this season - a feat only Eric Cantona in 1992-93 had previously managed for the club in the Premier League.

Leicester City

Leicester are looking to win five of their opening seven top-flight games in a season for the first time in their history. They could equal the club top-flight record of four consecutive away victories.

However, the Foxes have never won a Premier League away match on a Monday, drawing three and losing nine. Eleven of Leicester's 13 Premier League goals this season have come in the second half.

Jamie Vardy's last eight Premier League goals have all come away from home, including all six this season.Vardy has scored 12 goals in his past 15 Premier League appearances against newly-promoted teams.

2 - 2.

MOT.

C’mon Leeds - getting excited about how we might play!

Big challenge tonight

Hope we win I need something as mom passed yesterday she fought longer than Drs gave us. I don't even know if I can watch it, to be honest anyway good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Hope we win I need something as mom passed yesterday she fought longer than Drs gave us. I don't even know if I can watch it, to be honest anyway good luck to all.
    Hi Oz. Thoughts with you and yours, puts football in its correct pace (a long way behind real life and the sh1te being dealt out at present, that's for sure).

Understand your comment about watching the match, but simply because it IS outside normal day to day life, it can take you out of the bad place, at least for a short time, (win or lose, it provides escape for the odd couple of hours, take it from one who knows).

Where are Rodrigo and Raphina?

link anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Where are Rodrigo and Raphina?
    Rodrigo Isolating having been in contact with an infected Covid sufferer, Raphono Ankle injury

Sorry to hear that lad.

Sorry to hear about your loss lad. Stay strong.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)