Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Wednesday?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,969

    Wednesday?

    In recent seasons we have had our midweek home games on a Tuesday.

    They seem to now be back to Wednesday. Anybody know why?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,992
    probably so they dont clash with our european comitments

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,969
    Just been informed elsewhere that it's purely the manager's choice based on his knowledge of his players recovery rates...... and that doesn't make that much sense.

    If you're going Sat/midweek/Sat then you'll have a 2 day break (Sun/Mon) for a Tuesday game OR you'll have 2 days (Thur/Fri) if you play Wednesday.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Just been informed elsewhere that it's purely the manager's choice based on his knowledge of his players recovery rates...... and that doesn't make that much sense.

    If you're going Sat/midweek/Sat then you'll have a 2 day break (Sun/Mon) for a Tuesday game OR you'll have 2 days (Thur/Fri) if you play Wednesday.
    MA I think it's all to do with Sky and the red button Probably because they can only screen six matches So if they split it between Tuesday and Wednesday

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,651
    I know this is off thread but does this week affect Cocus future with us If it goes wrong against Barnsley and QPR which is highly likely .
    Nigel Clough P 9 points 11 Sacked

    Philip Cocu P9. points 6

    Thoughts please

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,969
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I know this is off thread but does this week affect Cocus future with us If it goes wrong against Barnsley and QPR which is highly likely .
    Nigel Clough P 9 points 11 Sacked

    Philip Cocu P9. points 6

    Thoughts please
    If we are sailing as close to FFP as seems likely, paying off the coaching staff would be expensive. pprobably to the tune of "we can't afford it".

    If Khaled does buy the club then he might be allowed to pump funds in and alleviate the pressure enough to allow a sacking but I don't see that happening as, now we have the more experienced players back, performances have improved and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    9,413
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I know this is off thread but does this week affect Cocus future with us If it goes wrong against Barnsley and QPR which is highly likely .
    Nigel Clough P 9 points 11 Sacked

    Philip Cocu P9. points 6

    Thoughts please
    My thoughts...first home win of the season...could easily have had seven points from the last nine or eight from the last twelve.
    Time to turn the performance into points, and I think we will.
    Lose them both and he’s in trouble.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    My thoughts...first home win of the season...could easily have had seven points from the last nine or eight from the last twelve.
    Time to turn the performance into points, and I think we will.
    Lose them both and he’s in trouble.
    RA yes I agree if he loses both he's in trouble Bear in mind performances have only improved since the players told him they couldn't play the way he wanted to . They have also only improved because they couldn't get any worse .This goes back to the end of last season as well . His record since he took over is dreadful really. Saying we should have this points and that points out was hen your relegated Performances have definitely improved but we rarely look like scoring Lots of fans saying we won't go down with this squad I'm not so sure but mistake not replacing Martin we had the money but chose to spend it on a winger instead But as Geoff says we can't afford to get rid Boro were in the same position as us last year like us they kept saying it's only a matter of time before we turn the results around They were still saying it at Xmas . They had to sack Woodgate and get Warnock in to save them look at them now .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,992
    They’re selling postcards of the hanging
    They’re painting the passports brown
    The beauty parlor is filled with sailors
    The circus is in town
    Here comes the blind commissioner
    They’ve got him in a trance
    One hand is tied to the tight-rope walker
    The other is in his pants

    And the riot squad, they’re restless
    They need somewhere to go
    As Philip and Twan look out tonight
    From Desolation Row

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,423
    If the sale of the club is imminent, there's no point in sacking him. That will be best left to the new owners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •