Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
I agree with much of that - compared to someone like Watkins who puts in a lot of work, holds the ball up well, has good close control and links the play, Cosgrove is way behind. I think it does affect the way we play - the ball doesnt “stick” up front as well with cosgrove and we revert to long ball more often (thankfully not as much as last year or two though). Cosgroves first touch is still dreadful and his running off the ball etc isn’t great.

He does however seem to have a nack of scoring. When I saw him running through on goal the other night it felt like he was running in slow motion and took the ball away from goal - watching back the replay some of his touches look clumsy and he could very easily have overrun it with any one of them - then the finish goes flying into the roof of the net - I can only imagine it caught the keeper off guard because most players would have taken the shot with their left foot from that position.

If he keeps scoring you can’t complain too much, but I’d still cash in it we get an offer of £2m or more.
Watkins is a good outside the box, but does he score goals? No. And whatever you do, don't credit Cosgrove with a brilliant finish, you must have been spewing when that went in.