+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of the World

Have you seen our absentee-list, Saxo?
    Mowbray has run around kicking players or breathing COVID on them, has he?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    No, but I put money on Arsenal beating Man Utd. I saw that coming. I made £80.
    Millions of people every weekend put bets on and correctly predict scorelines.
    One person used to win the pools every week by predicting multiple scorelines.
    That's how betting works.

Reading losing at Coventry?
    Are you sure you didnt see that one coming? It wasn't the first time a side down the bottom beats a side at the top.
    Would you not say that IS the predictable thing? It happens almost every week at our level.
    Reading were nothing special. I thought they got pretty lucky in honesty.
    A combative side would have beaten them. They looked better than us, but that's saying nothing.
    Was t the shock of the century? No.

I can predict this, if Lenihan plays tonight, they stand a very good chance. As he is a liability.
    Are you willfully misunderstanding what I'm saying?
    My point is that ANYTHING can happen in any game in this League, so predictions about the long-term make no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Have you seen our absentee-list, Saxo?
    Mowbray has run around kicking players or breathing COVID on them, has he?
    ill get back to you after this evenings game..

Are you willfully misunderstanding what I'm saying?
    My point is that ANYTHING can happen in any game in this League, so predictions about the long-term make no sense whatsoever.

I put a bet on Arsenal beating Man Utd on Sunday. I won.
    I put a small bet on Rovers not scoring last night and won.
    Not that I'm advocating betting. Its a mugs game.
    Sam Gallagher will not score double figures this season. That's another bet I think I would stand a very good chance at winning a few bob.
    Wycombe will go down. There are a quite a number of things I would bet my life on happening.
    While I agree you cant predict. Some things you can.
    To me its not an unpredictable league. Its poor. That's what is getting confused.
    There isn't that much to chose between top or bottom.
    The only surprise to me is, folk act surprised after a club near the bottom beats a side near the top. Which has been going on on the Champ for decades. In most of my 44 years it has anyway.

A fairly simple way of looking at the final league table over the past few season tells me we finished 15th on 60 points in 2018/19. Then 11th with 63 points 2019/20 season.
    Sadly we are not gaining as many points on average as previous seasons at this point. And I am not basing this one 10 games this season, but 9 last season aswell. I feel nearly 20 games is a fair stretch of time?
    So I would suggest a fairly reasonable finish of 55 points and somewhere around 10-15th.
    Is that all beyond the realms of possibility?

We can't go down. That would be a disaster of epic proportions. We probably wouldn't survive that one.
    So as of now, avoiding relegation is the only priority.
    My expectations hav. e been lowered to that. I was concerned last season. I was concerned at the start of this.
    Take away that one solitary home win over Wycombe and its pretty woeful.
    Anything will be an improvement.
    Once a few players start coming back, things may improve.

I'll point out aswell, Auks. You yourself said pretty much prior to the previous 2 season where you thought they would finish. And got it pretty much spot on. By the time everything pans out, your suggestion of 6-11th may well be correct.
    So predicting things can be pretty spot on.

What you are saying is, you cant just have this depressed view over the whole season. As it could improve. Which I appreciate and take on board.

No - I am saying that an overall pattern for a season MAY emerge after about 20 games, but - even then - we saw how quickly things can change in the top six last season - after Christmas.
    Yes - Wycombe probably will go down, but they won away at Birmingham on Wednesday to make it two victories in a row.
    Predicting Rovers' final position from the last few games seems to me to be impossible.
    The team has been decimated by injury and illness, so the performances and results are hardly likely to be accurate indicators.

No - I am saying that an overall pattern for a season MAY emerge after about 20 games, but - even then - we saw how quickly things can change in the top six last season - after Christmas.
    Yes - Wycombe probably will go down, but they won away at Birmingham on Wednesday to make it two victories in a row.
    Predicting Rovers' final position from the last few games seems to me to be impossible.
    The team has been decimated by injury and illness, so the performances and results are hardly likely to be accurate indicators.
    In the last 20 games we have managed to lose 11. Drawn 3 and won 6.
    Half of those games where with no injuries.

Wycombe have won only one less game vrs us this season. Wycombe?? We beat them 5-0.
    If the form carries on, then we will be joining Wycombe.

I have been saying this since last May. Even all the way back to last Aug.
    What is happening in the last few games isn't isolated to the last few games.
    I have used the last 20 games, and they are really have no excuses.
    But they keep rolling them out.

Most people have warn wary of the excuses and just want to see a slight improvement. Which hasn't happened now in 3 seasons. We have less points now than at the same stage 2 seasons ago, and last season.

It has the look of going backwards, not forwards. Disappointing when you consider how much he has been given to make us better but ultimately has not. Which is a failing on his part.

Hopefully it improves, and players who have been continually injured every season, all suddenly come back, are all ion good form and all stay injury free. I am sure there is a massive chance of that happening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)