+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden or Trump

When I was over there in the 80's, I could not believe how difficult it was to cast a vote.

It looks even harder now and the US Postal Voting System seems wide open to "misinterpretation" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Are these serious allegations with any merit army88, or is it just more of Trump's FAKE NEWS? I certainly can't take to Biden, and for the life in me I have no idea why.
    I posted a video on a previous thread BT watch it , enough to make your skin crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    That all sounds a bit corrupt to me. Oh -----wait a minute ---stupid boy ------it's politics so there is bound to be corruption involved! I'll go back to doing something useful.
    Biden is corrupt to the core.If they vote for him then they deserve everything they get!

When's this schite finish,it's becoming a joke now.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    When's this schite finish,it's becoming a joke now.
    It’s looking like Trump has planned to cast doubt on the result set up lots of court case delays and not concede. Apparently the constitution doesn’t demand concession so if a President refuses to step down there’s not much folk can do about it.
    Not sure if you can access this article.

Few extracts

President Trump’s late-night declaration of victory before he had earned it was an act of political sacrilege. It was also ruthlessly focused, the opening move of a scorched-earth strategy long-prepared by his inner circle should he be at risk of losing the vote. There is no constitutional procedure for removing a president who refuses to accept defeat, if that is what occurs when the final votes are tallied.

Trump has lost the popular vote and probably the electoral college vote, yet he is pulling out all the stops to subvert the result before this can be confirmed.

A machinery for legal guerrilla warfare has been set in motion across the battleground states and will now cause weeks of havoc. Have markets understood the gravity of what is unfolding?

States are not obliged to follow the outcome of the popular election when they allocate their vote in the electoral college though they always do in practice.

It comes down to whether judges often appointed by Trump are willing to strike down votes because the ballots arrived late - though posted in time - or had a slightly smudged postmark, and whether the Republican 6-3 majority on the Supreme Court will validate such suppression. I doubt that they will, but upon this question may now hang the fate of the republic. Whatever happens over the coming weeks, the Blue Wave has sputtered out. The Democrats have failed to capture the Senate. They may even have lost seats in the House. Their mandate for a radical leftward turn has evaporated.

What will America do if China invades Taiwan?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ndation-widget
    Last edited by oldcolner; 05-11-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Seems like Trump is right to cast doubt on the result,

"So far, the most specific and potentially damaging charge from the Trump team is: on election night, 138,000 votes for Biden in Michigan suddenly showed up, and at the same time no new votes were recorded for Trump. The NY Times denies this happened. Instead, the Times claims, there was a typo. An extra zero was added to the end of those Biden votes. Actually, the new chunk of votes for Biden should have been 13,800. There’s only one problem with that claim. Even 13,800 votes in a row for Biden, without any change in Trump’s total, would be ridiculous."

Sinkov

I know you like to be a pedant
    He may be right to cast doubt on one state result - not THE result as we don’t know it yet
    There may be a valid reason of course too.

Throughout the US election campaign Trump advised his supports not to use postal voting, but to turn up on the day and queue to cast their vote. Biden’s advice was for his supporters to use the postal voting.
    In some states the on the day ballots are counted first it stands to reason that initially Trump would have a lead as it was his supporters mainly voting on the day. Once the postal votes were added than it is reasonable to believe that the overall vote would be a more accurate one.
    It is rumoured that Trump plans to file lawsuits in every state that he did not win, if true, it is a move I think shows a complete lack of any scruples. His actions are causing severe embarrassment to the USA and himself, especially as the official result as yet to be declared.
    His rhetoric over the last few months on postal voting has been stage managed so he would be able to put forward litigation alleging electoral fraud.
    This may also be a test for the USA’s supreme court impartiality in seeing how they react to the presidents litigation in standing by the laws of the individual states or backing a political puppet master.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Throughout the US election campaign Trump advised his supports not to use postal voting, but to turn up on the day and queue to cast their vote. Biden’s advice was for his supporters to use the postal voting.
    In some states the on the day ballots are counted first it stands to reason that initially Trump would have a lead as it was his supporters mainly voting on the day. Once the postal votes were added than it is reasonable to believe that the overall vote would be a more accurate one.
    It is rumoured that Trump plans to file lawsuits in every state that he did not win, if true, it is a move I think shows a complete lack of any scruples. His actions are causing severe embarrassment to the USA and himself, especially as the official result as yet to be declared.
    His rhetoric over the last few months on postal voting has been stage managed so he would be able to put forward litigation alleging electoral fraud.
    This may also be a test for the USA’s supreme court impartiality in seeing how they react to the presidents litigation in standing by the laws of the individual states or backing a political puppet master.
    Sums it up vintage
    He now has 6 Supreme Court Judges compared with 3 Democrats, will justice now depend on your politics. Will he refuse to concede and cause a constitutional crisis, all options seem open.

I knew the Orange Buffoon was deranged, but not this bad!

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)