+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden or Trump

"noun: impeachment; plural noun: impeachments.

1.(especially in the US) a charge of misconduct made against the holder of a public office."

This is the bit that intrigues me, not whether he's guilty as charged or not, but is the impeachment valid. I don't know what the US Constitution says, but the definition above says only the holder of a public office can be impeached. If that is the case, then when Biden takes over as President surely the Donald becomes unimpeachable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Pot calling kettle... ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Behave Norder, stop trying to spoil their fun. I know the hypocrisy is stunning, but they've waited four years for this, let them be, you naughty old spoilsport you.
    yeah...your doubtless right sinkov....anyway, i've read their nasty script, and a tedious yawn it is...deary.

Last edited by Norder; 14-01-2021 at 08:53 PM.

"noun: impeachment; plural noun: impeachments.

1.(especially in the US) a charge of misconduct made against the holder of a public office."

This is the bit that intrigues me, not whether he's guilty as charged or not, but is the impeachment valid. I don't know what the US Constitution says, but the definition above says only the holder of a public office can be impeached. If that is the case, then when Biden takes over as President surely the Donald becomes unimpeachable ?
    He's already been impeached Mon Ami - yesterday.

It's the date of the trial that hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    He's already been impeached Mon Ami - yesterday.

It's the date of the trial that hasn't happened yet.
    By the time of the trial, he will no longer be the holder of a public office, so unimpeachable surely ?

No, impeachment is equivalent to "charged" (or so I believe).

So he has been impeached (charged) but it hasn't gone to trial in the Senate yet.

Yes, the trial will happen after he has left office.

impeachement or not Trump will survive this, he's too canny and too rich. he's got away with far worse.

I have no doubt he will be impeached, it's a slam dunk.

Once you have been impeached it becomes impossible to seek to become President again.

That's what this is really all about.

"The final part of Section 3 of Article 1 : ‘Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to Removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of Honor, Trust or Profit under the United States."

Yes, it's clear from the above that he can be disqualified from running for President again, I just find it odd that they're using a process that's designed specifically to remove a sitting President, against a man who won't be President when the process takes place. This peculiarity won't stop them though, the Donald has driven them to such a state of derangement, that if he popped his clogs tonight they'd still go ahead, they'd just prop his corpse up in the Senate and carry on ranting at him, alive or dead, they're not that bothered.

"The final part of Section 3 of Article 1 : ‘Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to Removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of Honor, Trust or Profit under the United States."

Yes, it's clear from the above that he can be disqualified from running for President again, I just find it odd that they're using a process that's designed specifically to remove a sitting President, against a man who won't be President when the process takes place. This peculiarity won't stop them though, the Donald has driven them to such a state of derangement, that if he popped his clogs tonight they'd still go ahead, they'd just prop his corpse up in the Senate and carry on ranting at him, alive or dead, they're not that bothered.
    Some image is that to put in my head before I hit the kip sinkov.

Trump's corpse propped up in the Senate while the Dirty Democrats carried on ranting at him, fake tan making him look still alive.

Seems the Donald has been impeached on charges of 'inciting an insurrection'. Could anyone tell me precisely what he said that could be framed as 'inciting an insurrection' ?

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)