+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden or Trump

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Just watched a video of trumps opposition screwing votes up and binning them in counting . Wow is it real ? It looked it to me
    But Twitter has removed it now.

I wander what Clinton’s I mean Bidens answer to that will be - come on he’s Clinton’s puppet.
    Fake news.??

Biden almost claiming victory, while Trump Jnr talk of fighting to the death and warning 2024 candidates they won’t stand without Donald behind them.
    Recounts likely in all four states, apparently votes from armed forces and others abroad can come in over a week later so these won’t happen immediately. Oh What fun

While I don’t profess to totally understand the election system in the USA, but it has stood for over 200 years so it must work for them. It is obvious that some election fraud may take place, the likelihood that it was on a scale that would skew the election of the president is unlikely.

If reports are to be believed what Trump was asking for on Tuesday night, and for the courts to back him, was that counting in states where he was in front be stopped, but that counting in states where he was losing be continued, this must surely be seen as a mean of defrauding the electorate of those states.

Last night, I was listening to the speeches made by people who had just lost a presidential election in the USA, George Bush senior, Hilary Clinton, and John McCain, all of whom wished the victor well and hoped the country would unite behind the newly elected president.

I can’t see this happening this time, it would not surprise me for Trump needing to be dragged out of the white house kicking and screaming like a badly behaved child.

There are other reports saying that if the courts don’t back him in his bid to circumvent the will of the people, he will walk away and leave the country without a president, but I can’t see that happening because he and his family would lose the presidential immunity and allegedly there are several issues which might lead to legal proceedings being made against him and his family, with tax evasion being one of them.

It will be such a shame when, as will inevitably happen, the Donald is gone, what will I do for amusement without watching the steam coming out of Lefty ears as TDS works it's magic. This thread is a prime example, it's priceless, Mr Angry of Tunbridge Wells has nothing on it. Hopefully the Donald can drag this through the courts, that should provide another few months entertainment, who knows, the American Supreme Court might just take it upon themselves to interfere in the political process like ours did, that would set the cat amongst the pigeons. The Lefty outrage would be wondrous to behold. Perhaps I'm being selfish, if it did happen, on top of Covid, I'm not sure our NHS could cope.
    Last edited by sinkov; 07-11-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It will be such a shame when, as will inevitably happen, the Donald is gone, what will I do for amusement without watching the steam coming out of Lefty ears as TDS works it's magic. This thread is a prime example, it's priceless, Mr Angry of Tunbridge Wells has nothing on it. Hopefully the Donald can drag this through the courts, that should provide another few months entertainment, who knows, the American Supreme Court might just take it upon themselves to interfere in the political process like ours did, that would set the cat amongst the pigeons. The Lefty outrage would be wondrous to behold. Perhaps I'm being selfish, if it did happen, on top of Covid, I'm not sure our NHS could cope.
    Sinkov, I have to agree with you on the entertainment value of Trump, especially his response to Covid-19 as been hilarious. However, I can only see him as an egotistical loudmouthed bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Sinkov, I have to agree with you on the entertainment value of Trump, especially his response to Covid-19 as been hilarious. However, I can only see him as an egotistical loudmouthed bully.
    Indeed VC, the man's a clown, a buffoon, he's weird, but he has not been the disaster as President he was predicted to be, far from it, and the response to him crack's me up, I'm sorry, I can't help it.

With around 70m people voting for him then we have to accept that Trumpism is a thing over there.

And because of it's nature, I can't see there being any chance of the people coming together for the good of the country. Which would worry me if I lived there.
    The demonstrations by Trump supporters has so far been pretty peaceful thankfully. But when I see an angry group of people like that, tooled up with guns, then it wouldn't take much for things to turn very unpleasant.

And when the result is finally announced I can only see Trump rabble rousing his supporters to act against the "illegal election"

I hope that someone is able to convince him to act like a statesman for once.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    With around 70m people voting for him then we have to accept that Trumpism is a thing over there.

And because of it's nature, I can't see there being any chance of the people coming together for the good of the country. Which would worry me if I lived there.
    The demonstrations by Trump supporters has so far been pretty peaceful thankfully. But when I see an angry group of people like that, tooled up with guns, then it wouldn't take much for things to turn very unpleasant.

And when the result is finally announced I can only see Trump rabble rousing his supporters to act against the "illegal election"

Why should he act like a statesman? He has not done so in the last four years so it is highly unlikely that he will start now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

When we visited the states in 2016 prior to the election at that time. The states we visited were all in the south of the USA. I was shocked by the number of people we met who thought Donald Trump to be near god like. I could not understand how they were not able to see that the man was a complete chancer. Yet these people in the main appeared to be normal friendly folk, just what they saw in Trump I will never understand.
    I do hope that once the official result in the presidential election is announced that Trump can find the courage to concede with dignity, but I am not hopeful that will be the case. I do believe that the majority of republican voters will accept the result and only a minority may resort to violence.

It’s probably fake news but the BBC says Bidet has won by taking Pennsylvania by 28000
    Chump press conference planned now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)