+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What more do you want?

What more do you want?

"Hang on a minute, we beat Tottenham last year, Chelsea last year, Manchester United last year – how much more do you want?"

"There's three of the top five last year! It was the manner of it, the way we played."

"Yes, we've got to be defensively right, but the other way, we've got to be brave with the ball and take the ball and play more and cause a threat."

"That's what I've been trying to get for weeks and months, so it was a bit more like it and let's hope there's many more."

Guess who

He talks shite.

We've got the evidence of our own eyes. Yes, points-wise we've done ok and Sunday was an improvement (albeit against an Everton side with 4 first teamers out) but our football is shite to watch. Whereas Rafa's football was based on defemce first, Bruce's is just defensive-he admitted as much when defending our performance against Man U when he justified sitting back and not offering a threat by saying you just "try to stay in the game" and getting his cptain to come out and say maybe we should have just aimed for a point as , after all, we were playing the mighty Man United.

After a defeat or draw he makes excuses and tries to justify how shit we are. After a win he goes on the offensive and attacks the fans, saying 'see, I told you so'

He can't have it both ways. If he went as offensive on the pitch as he does in his press conferences we'd be top of the league.

As it is, to me, he's just offensive.

Result picking to justify his team’s performance.

Pathetic.

How about 1-4 Man U, 0-3 Brighton at home you frickin charlatan.

He has managed to drill out the strong defence, Rafa drilled into them,

Agree with you all.

Generally, everything feels so random and pointless with him as the coach; the tactics, the games, the press conferences, the future of the club...

Not happy at the moment as a fan. Losing the passion a little - mostly this is due to Ashley of course. I'm sure it will be back once we have a change of owner.

Only positive is we do have a couple of hard-working, sympathetic players that I like seeing in the NUFC shirt, Fraser and Wilson being two of them.

I forgot to add, I would like a little pride in Nufc again.

In one sense, it's mental that we're complaining after a win but it's a sign of where we are as a club and a fanbase. Bruce's supporters in the media will say there are some he'll never win over-and they're right...but not for the reasons they say (the oft-used but ridiculous idea that we hold his Sunderland tenure against him). It's because, despite the odd win and even rarer decent performances, the overall pattern with him is sh!t football and poor results. And it won't change.

Him focusing on only the results that suit him isn t fooling any of us and totally ignores the bigger picture.

There was a kid in my class last year who hit three different children but, when he was pulled up about it, said '3's not so many'.

Same thing, really.

Aye, you're all right.

It's pathetic and it's sucking what is left of the fanbase passion right out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye, you're all right.

It's pathetic and it's sucking what is left of the fanbase passion right out.
    Aye,

The passion will return...but not under Bruce.

I hope it does but how many kids are there that won't get it, that have grown up under years of Ashley's dross.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)