+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of the World

End of the World

Can we just get a grip and be a bit more patient.
    I have hardly looked at Internet sport for the last few days.
    We have friends who have just moved into a house with a huge, untended, three-tier garden.
    A group of us have helped with the move, and we are now involved in internal alterations and decorating.
    Meanwhile, my job has been the garden. (I'm a keen gardener, but useless with a paint-brush!)
    I have been digging up roses, shrubs, vines, small trees, etc. from their old property and replanting them.
    There is also a lot of clearance to be done. (Weeds grow twice as fast here as in the UK!)
    I have been knackered every evening!

Anyway, I came back here to find nothing but doom and gloom.
    We are not rock-bottom. (In fact, with glass half-full, we are only five points from the play-off positions!). We have 37 games left. Every team can beat every other team in this Division.
    Do we REALLY have to go for worst-case-scenario in EVERY post?!

One last thought to prevent further depression.
    GO, Biden!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Can we just get a grip and be a bit more patient.
    I have hardly looked at Internet sport for the last few days.
    We have friends who have just moved into a house with a huge, untended, three-tier garden.
    A group of us have helped with the move, and we are now involved in internal alterations and decorating.
    Meanwhile, my job has been the garden. (I'm a keen gardener, but useless with a paint-brush!)
    I have been digging up roses, shrubs, vines, small trees, etc. from their old property and replanting them.
    There is also a lot of clearance to be done. (Weeds grow twice as fast here as in the UK!)
    I have been knackered every evening!

Anyway, I came back here to find nothing but doom and gloom.
    We are not rock-bottom. (In fact, with glass half-full, we are only five points from the play-off positions!). We have 37 games left. Every team can beat every other team in this Division.
    Do we REALLY have to go for worst-case-scenario in EVERY post?!

One last thought to prevent further depression.
    GO, Biden!
    its fairly bleak ahead of the in form boro.
    Last edited by Saxo1man41; 02-11-2020 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    its fairly bleak ahead of the in form boro.
    if Rovers scruff a 1-0 win tomorrow it will do nothing to change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    if Rovers scruff a 1-0 win tomorrow it will do nothing to change my mind.
    i wish i could believe we were capable of that.

But how can you even guess?
    Did you put money on Coventry to beat Reading?

"Bleak"? If you must, Saxo!
    But what will it be if we beat them?
    A chorus of "The Sun Has Got His Hat On", and a fast-track to the PL?

"Bleak"? If you must, Saxo!
    But what will it be if we beat them?
    A chorus of "The Sun Has Got His Hat On", and a fast-track to the PL?
    if we won 1-0 with a solid defensve display, yes.

to be honest, if we somehow won and it was say 4-3 or something daft i wouldnt be happy. the reason? results like that cannot be acheived consistantly.

I think we know another defeat is on the cards tonight.
    A scruffy win for warnock's men will suit him down to the ground.
    Looking at the bigger picture,we have games against qpr,luton and Preston coming up and if we get a poor points return in those games,I can see us locked in a relegation battle.
    Is that acceptable with what we have? Absolutely not.
    Bad luck with injuries to one side,our lack of a plan b is worrying.
    Tonight I have half an eye on but bigger and more important obstacles await.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I think we know another defeat is on the cards tonight.
    A scruffy win for warnock's men will suit him down to the ground.
    Looking at the bigger picture,we have games against qpr,luton and Preston coming up and if we get a poor points return in those games,I can see us locked in a relegation battle.
    Is that acceptable with what we have? Absolutely not.
    Bad luck with injuries to one side,our lack of a plan b is worrying.
    Tonight I have half an eye on but bigger and more important obstacles await.
    i still beleive the squad we have is top 8 standard. where we are currently is unacceptable for me and imo lands squarely at the feet of the manager.

But how can you even guess?
    Did you put money on Coventry to beat Reading?
    No, but I put money on Arsenal beating Man Utd. I saw that coming. I made £80.
    Millions of people every weekend put bets on and correctly predict scorelines.
    One person used to win the pools every week by predicting multiple scorelines.
    That's how betting works.

Reading losing at Coventry?
    Are you sure you didnt see that one coming? It wasn't the first time a side down the bottom beats a side at the top.
    Would you not say that IS the predictable thing? It happens almost every week at our level.
    Reading were nothing special. I thought they got pretty lucky in honesty.
    A combative side would have beaten them. They looked better than us, but that's saying nothing.
    Was t the shock of the century? No.

I can predict this, if Lenihan plays tonight, they stand a very good chance. As he is a liability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)