+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: aucks.. how could you?

I will refrain from saying anything personal.
    If we lose to QPR I will figure out a way of biting my tongue. Not say how I actually feel. And what will be will be.

I do need to ask for a bit of clarity here.
    I have NEVER called anyone on this site an "idiot".
    As for being "critical", are we really defining that as "having a different opinion"?
    My comments have not been personal.
    I defend Mowbray, because I believe he's about as good a manager as we're likely to get in our position, and as a human-being, I think he's far superior to most of the breed.
    If I don't agree that everything about the manager and the performances is diabolical, I am going to say so.
    If I think there are genuine reasons for our current slump (injuries, etc), I am going to say so.
    If I think there is a lot of promise in what Mowbray is clearly trying to do with the team, I am going to say so.
    If I don't believe we can judge a whole season on the back of a few performances, I am going to say so.
    If I don't agree with the majority opinion, that's life.

I just don't see how any of that can be described as "personal criticism". It's called "difference of opinion"!

I did say ditto earlier Aucks, but simply to put the record straight - I’m on the same page as you, but I think you already knew that.
    There are far too many variables in every game and every season to ‘confidently’ predict.
    Cutting through that though you can go with traits and come to possible/probable conclusions.
    I personally can tell you are just as passionate about the game as any other.
    However given that, as a consequence the debate can unintentionally escalate to a ‘heated one’ . I myself am far less ‘passionate’ and therefore a debate stays just that.
    That is not pointing the finger at any individual whatsoever, just an observation of the human condition. As I said earlier there is very little at the moment that is un-emotive.

Btw guys I am taking no sides here chaps , just putting forward my (final) thoughts 😇

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I do need to ask for a bit of clarity here.
    I have NEVER called anyone on this site an "idiot".
    As for being "critical", are we really defining that as "having a different opinion"?
    My comments have not been personal.
    I defend Mowbray, because I believe he's about as good a manager as we're likely to get in our position, and as a human-being, I think he's far superior to most of the breed.
    If I don't agree that everything about the manager and the performances is diabolical, I am going to say so.
    If I think there are genuine reasons for our current slump (injuries, etc), I am going to say so.
    If I think there is a lot of promise in what Mowbray is clearly trying to do with the team, I am going to say so.
    If I don't believe we can judge a whole season on the back of a few performances, I am going to say so.
    If I don't agree with the majority opinion, that's life.

I just don't see how any of that can be described as "personal criticism". It's called "difference of opinion"!
    We lost 5 games out of 9 at the back end of last season when they could easily of got in the play offs. No real injuries then. That was over 9 games. We are 10 into this one. This problem has been here alot longer than the last few games.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)