+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what happens when restrictions are lifted covid19

This is what happens when restrictions are lifted covid19

Our state in Australia Victoria after working hard to bring down covid 19 cases down to 0 and lifting some restrictions this is what happens. Notice amongst other things no face masks.
    Name:  7effbb6c637cb573d96ca8dcbe63871b95baee37.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  77.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Our state in Australia Victoria after working hard to bring down covid 19 cases down to 0 and lifting some restrictions this is what happens. Notice amongst other things no face masks.
    Name:  7effbb6c637cb573d96ca8dcbe63871b95baee37.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  77.3 KB
    Sorry Oz, given your loss I can understand a negative reaction, but what does anyone expect? Treat people like children, take away from them the most basic human responsibility, that of how to preserve self, exert the kind of controls that the Nazis imposed in occupied Europe (and in some areas of life, even worse), and when those restrictions/rules are relaxed no-one should be surprised that the pressure cooker explodes.

Give people FACTS, not old stats spun to support a particular course of government action, (as has been done here in the UK to support the second national lockdown), accurate information on what will help to prevent the spread based on real science given to us by the who originate the original data, not government spin doctors dressed up as experts, and allow adults to reach adult conclusions about the risks and responsibilities. So far, NONE of that has happened (certainly here in the UK and I suspect just about everywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Sorry Oz, given your loss I can understand a negative reaction, but what does anyone expect? Treat people like children, take away from them the most basic human responsibility, that of how to preserve self, exert the kind of controls that the Nazis imposed in occupied Europe (and in some areas of life, even worse), and when those restrictions/rules are relaxed no-one should be surprised that the pressure cooker explodes.

Give people FACTS, not old stats spun to support a particular course of government action, (as has been done here in the UK to support the second national lockdown), accurate information on what will help to prevent the spread based on real science given to us by the who originate the original data, not government spin doctors dressed up as experts, and allow adults to reach adult conclusions about the risks and responsibilities. So far, NONE of that has happened (certainly here in the UK and I suspect just about everywhere)
    WTF the local government lifted some restrictions to help people's anxieties so on but rules are still in place you have to wear a face mask anywhere in public and these tools are doing what they like. I said before people can not be trusted to do the right thing. Why on earth would you jeopardize the freedom given by not following one simple thing like wearing a f---n face mask.
    I can understand some governments heavy tactics but ours has been coping it left right and centre even though they brought covid down to zero and no deaths.
    The way I feel at the minute if I go shopping and see someone not wearing a mask I'll knock them out.

Forgot the one of the basic human responsibilities? Our 2nd covid wave came from 2 hotels where the sick were quarantined where guards were having *** with them than going out in public and passing it on. Responsibilities! come on this modern age no one owns up to that and not many care.
    Anyway, that's the life I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Forgot the one of the basic human responsibilities? Our 2nd covid wave came from 2 hotels where the sick were quarantined where guards were having *** with them than going out in public and passing it on. Responsibilities! come on this modern age no one owns up to that and not many care.
    Anyway, that's the life I guess.
    Doesnt take away from the fact that we have been failed by governments who think it's better to control than to inform, better to dictate rather than lead, and we have been complicit by trusting them blindly and behaving like the children they take us for.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Doesnt take away from the fact that we have been failed by governments who think it's better to control than to inform, better to dictate rather than lead, and we have been complicit by trusting them blindly and behaving like the children they take us for.
    So because they act like children do we act like them also or take stock of the predicament we're in as say well I better do the right thing here. Not hard to wash yourself and put on a mask. Gosh, politicians just look at the Americans and what they have to choose from a looney crook and a forgetful crook.
    I wouldn't trust a politician but neither do I trust most of us to do the right thing either.

Nah Oz - many leading scientific academics from leading universities - Oxford, Kings Collge London, Cambridge - look up Hennigan and Souter - are openly critical that the approach and the science is flawed.

Project Fear is a powerful thing though.

In England the new Regs to be passed tomorrow allow two people to meet for leisure purposes or in a public open space (see part three which deals with gatherings) but many open air sports business must close, such as gold clubs. There is no coherence or logic to much of it - no wonder people are increasingly dissenting.

We can all find the exception to prove the rule but if you are for and under 30 you are highly unlikely to be badly affected by COVID yet the futures of that generation are being sacrificed without any public consideration for the over 70s. I have upmost sympathy for that age demographic - they see their futures being screwed and their freedom being take away by a captain clueless and his incompetent crew.

Most people slag the USA but compare its per capita rates for incidence and deaths and it compares favourably to the USA.

The world is becoming innumerate and lacking the ability to think independently and criticallly.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Nah Oz - many leading scientific academics from leading universities - Oxford, Kings Collge London, Cambridge - look up Hennigan and Souter - are openly critical that the approach and the science is flawed.

Project Fear is a powerful thing though.

In England the new Regs to be passed tomorrow allow two people to meet for leisure purposes or in a public open space (see part three which deals with gatherings) but many open air sports business must close, such as gold clubs. There is no coherence or logic to much of it - no wonder people are increasingly dissenting.

We can all find the exception to prove the rule but if you are for and under 30 you are highly unlikely to be badly affected by COVID yet the futures of that generation are being sacrificed without any public consideration for the over 70s. I have upmost sympathy for that age demographic - they see their futures being screwed and their freedom being take away by a captain clueless and his incompetent crew.
    Agree 1000%!

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Most people slag the USA but compare its per capita rates for incidence and deaths and it compares favourably to the USA.

The world is becoming innumerate and lacking the ability to think independently and criticallly.
    I'm guessing you mean the comparison being between USA & UJ? Whatever, I agree (again) !000%

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)