+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: back to basics

back to basics

defensively thats how i saw it. sure it was shakey at times and not always convincing, but thats whats required for now imo..

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    defensively thats how i saw it. sure it was shakey at times and not always convincing, but thats whats required for now imo..
    Sometimes that is what is required. Backs to the wall, bit of solidarity.
    There will reach a time when all these injuries and Covid will catch up.
    Wharton will have to play tomorrow.
    I still thought Lenihan was poor last night, shaky. But better than he had been playing.
    I just wish we had been going to a place like Swansea and being hard and tough to beat, and played a formation and style that could have got a point. Instead it was nieve to think you could go and play 4-3-3 and attack them.
    We are still not capable of doing that enough. Realising we are not going to be good enough, accepting that and then being effective enough to turn 0 points into 1. Do that alot, and you move away from the relegation form they are in, and start to move up the table. To safety.
    This season was always going to be a stuggle imo. The signs where there last season. And it simply hasnt improved.
    Expectations have never been this low.
    Disappointing as he could not have been backed any better by the owners. And you felt they may push on a bit.

Perhaps when everyone is back, and the new players are settled in, we will start motoring.
    It's been random so far. Five clean sheets out of ten, but some shocking defending in other games.
    We know we can play fast, entertaining football, because we've seen the evidence.
    Perhaps it will come back when we can field a team freely from this group:
    Kaminski
    Nyambe Ayala/Lenihan Williams Douglas/Bell
    (3 from) Rothwell Travis Holtby Evans Rankin-Costello Johnson Trybull
    (3 from) Elliott, Chapman, Dolan, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton, Gallagher.

An awful lot of those names are or have been unavailable.

The ‘variables’🤔
    Mr E Cantona being ‘unavailable’ for Utd in our glory season🤔
    One man doesn’t make a team eh🤔. But then again: what an influence he can have.
    Phenomenal player and ‘influencer’ (in my book anyway). Of course you can take character out if you wish , but remember I don’t like the French😉
    Last edited by Despair; 05-11-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Perhaps when everyone is back, and the new players are settled in, we will start motoring.
    It's been random so far. Five clean sheets out of ten, but some shocking defending in other games.
    We know we can play fast, entertaining football, because we've seen the evidence.
    Perhaps it will come back when we can field a team freely from this group:
    Kaminski
    Nyambe Ayala/Lenihan Williams Douglas/Bell
    (3 from) Rothwell Travis Holtby Evans Rankin-Costello Johnson Trybull
    (3 from) Elliott, Chapman, Dolan, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton, Gallagher.

An awful lot of those names are or have been unavailable.
    We have only beaten Wycome at home. And drawn 2 nil nil. If we arent playing Wycombe or one of the bottom 3 the football they play is easily dealt with. It may be pretty, but its relegation stuff. If they carry on, that's where they will end up.

I do agree, once they get a few back, things may change. Not get the feeling alot will remain out for a long time? I do.

Abd are you not concerned about Sam Gallagher? He started woefully. And is just going backwards. His touch is appalling. Without Armstrong not sure where I see is scoring. Brereton wont score many. Those 2 kids are completely lost in this formation. Midfield hardly ever score.

For me, they have just beaten 3 bad sides. 2 newly promoted who and 10 men for half a game. And struggled against everyone else shipping goals for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    We have only beaten Wycome at home. And drawn 2 nil nil. If we arent playing Wycombe or one of the bottom 3 the football they play is easily dealt with. It may be pretty, but its relegation stuff. If they carry on, that's where they will end up.

I do agree, once they get a few back, things may change. Not get the feeling alot will remain out for a long time? I do.

Abd are you not concerned about Sam Gallagher? He started woefully. And is just going backwards. His touch is appalling. Without Armstrong not sure where I see is scoring. Brereton wont score many. Those 2 kids are completely lost in this formation. Midfield hardly ever score.

For me, they have just beaten 3 bad sides. 2 newly promoted who and 10 men for half a game. And struggled against everyone else shipping goals for fun.
    Champs, I don't think we WILL do well against the top clubs at the moment, because the team is too unsettled.
    When Dack and Travis are back, and the new players have had time to slot in, it might be different.
    That's why I'm reserving my opinion and avoiding long-range predictions.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)