+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: anything goes

It's a slow day in town, and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything.......

However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

*And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a Stimulus package works*

at last a bit of common sense in this leftie human rights luvvie country of our ours... shamima begum loses her fight to restore british citizenship.supreme high court decision..

There could well have been riots in the streets if the decision had gone the other way. As they say, You make your bed , you lie on it.

golly ( can I still say that ) sure has gone quiet on wulfie mad...anyroad, a new littercam is to be tried in kent ,the idea is to catch drivers slinging litter out of their car windows. the cam records the event and the number plate ,and then the driver is fined.
    I think it is a great idea mysen and hope it is a deterrent to the lazy *******s who blight our
    country with rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    golly ( can I still say that ) sure has gone quiet on wulfie mad...anyroad, a new littercam is to be tried in kent ,the idea is to catch drivers slinging litter out of their car windows. the cam records the event and the number plate ,and then the driver is fined.
    I think it is a great idea mysen and hope it is a deterrent to the lazy *******s who blight our
    country with rubbish
    Couldn't agree more, litter is probably worse in the UK than in any other developed [?] country. I remember a number of years ago walking through the small park next to Lichfield Cathedral and seeing an almost perfect circle of trash that had been left by 6-7 people who had been feasting on McDonalds takeaway. They had just got up and walked away leaving the cups, cartons, wrappers just sitting there on the grass where they had been eating. Tragic.

And golly josh yes it is a bit "tumblweed country" on the board at the mo aint it!

My daughter who is a nurse was tested positive for Covid about three weeks ago. Then her eleven year old son and her husband were tested positive. Husband and son are now both ok but my daughter is still not clear. The doctor says she may have long Covid.

My mind has not really been on the football for obvious reasons.

Sorry to hear your bad news George, hope it works out mate. My Sister, who is a nurse was in the same predicament, thankfully she is OK now.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    My daughter who is a nurse was tested positive for Covid about three weeks ago. Then her eleven year old son and her husband were tested positive. Husband and son are now both ok but my daughter is still not clear. The doctor says she may have long Covid.

My mind has not really been on the football for obvious reasons.
    I hpoe it all works out ok George.

best regards to your daughter and you george , really hope she gets the all clear

Thanks for your concern gents, much appreciated. I spoke to her yesterday and although still not right she does feel she has turned a corner for the better. Fingers crossed.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)