+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Done Demba Ba

Well Done Demba Ba

Nice to see Ba still playing, and playing so well. I always liked the lad

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2020/11/0...-league-video/

I always liked him too - a real goalscorer who was underrated IMO and much better than Cisse.
    He has the type of finishing ability that’s hard to find and, something we haven’t had for a while, a player who you’re confident will score when in a good position.

Fantastic striker for us. Pushed out wide to accomodate Cisse when it should have been both of them up top or Ba on his own.

Cissé kind of took over goalscoring duties from Ba, I think he scored 13 goals in his first 14 games. But yeah agreed, they should've both played up front, but Pardew couldn't work that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Cissé kind of took over goalscoring duties from Ba, I think he scored 13 goals in his first 14 games. But yeah agreed, they should've both played up front, but Pardew couldn't work that one out.
    Cisse was on fire at the time but soon turned to absolute sh*t. Well done, Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Cisse was on fire at the time but soon turned to absolute sh*t. Well done, Alan.
    Cisse was not sh1t

One of the best finishers we’ve had at the club. Technically in terms of passing & control, age we’ve seen better. But his finishing was something else.

He’s having a late Renaissance these last 2 seasons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    True, he had his moments after the first half season, but was never quite the same. Ba started scoring goals again though. It's like Pardew simply couldn't have two goalscorers in his side, so he had to turn one of them sh!te in order to make the other one good.

Proper management that! And we should adore him, we finished 5th once, remember???

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    Cisse was not sh1t

One of the best finishers we’ve had at the club. Technically in terms of passing & control, age we’ve seen better. But his finishing was something else.

He’s having a late Renaissance these last 2 seasons as well.
    Always liked Cissé, even when his form declined. Never a troublemaker and always put in the effort. A decent no. 9 for us.

The Turkish league seems to suit him well now.

He was Pardewed, just like many players affected with Pardewitus,

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    He was Pardewed, just like many players affected with Pardewitus,
    Cisse and Ba were the best strike partnership we had since Shearer and Ferdy.

I couldn't give two ****s about him, he had that release clause inserted for a pathetic amount and it was all over the media.

This is the player that failed a fitness test at West Ham i think, we took a punt and he ran at the first chance.

Yes i am bitter about him leaving, just another in a long line of talent that jumped to bigger and better things and

ultimately failed to be the player they thought they would be.

Bassong
    Debuchy
    Janmaat
    Cabaye
    Chopra

i cant even be arsed with the rest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)