+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Is Warne tactically inept at this level?

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Crickey, views have changed since we signed Hirst & Barlaser.
    Hirst needs games and a partner from the start to get him going imo, there is a good player there

Performances have changed after we signed Hirst and Barlasser

Paul Warned is a good manager for us.We were slightly fortunate to go up, and he's done a decent recruitment job with the budget we have. Why folk have such great expectations for this season I don't know.
    It's still the same old division with wannabe premier league clubs and the virus doesn't seem to have restricted them paying huge wages.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Paul Warned is a good manager for us.We were slightly fortunate to go up, and he's done a decent recruitment job with the budget we have. Why folk have such great expectations for this season I don't know.
    It's still the same old division with wannabe premier league clubs and the virus doesn't seem to have restricted them paying huge wages.
    Jocks, we all know Warne is a good Manager but at what level? Yes fortune paid us a visit and we got promoted. As for great expectations, I think we all knew what a scrap it would be to stay out of the bottom three this season. It's the set up that may well cost us and send us straight back down, this is where Warne has to be brave and show us as a threat in home games but, it's the same old formula that isn't working. All we ask is that he takes a long look at his formation and choice of player and where to play them to the best of their ability.

I truly hope things start to turn for him and we start to bag points soon. Think I've said enough on this now so over to you lot.
    Last edited by Brin; 07-11-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Jocks, we all know Warne is a good Manager but at what level? Yes fortune paid us a visit and we got promoted. As for great expectations, I think we all knew what a scrap it would be to stay out of the bottom three this season. It's the set up that may well cost us and send us straight back down, this is where Warne has to be brave and show us as a threat in home games but, it's the same old formula that isn't working. All we ask is that he takes a long look at his formation and choice of player and where to play them to the best of their ability.

I truly hope things start to turn for him and we start to bag points soon. Think I've said enough on this now so over to you lot.
    Thing is Brin, he isn't brave, he does think the formula is working and he will continue with the same formation and tactics. Last games bench and subsequent substitutions go a long way to show how poor his match day thought process is. Its either that or we a seriously depleted in the number of defensive players we have named in the squad.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein.

....our new Manager.......

So we can criticise players but not manager?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    So we can criticise players but not manager?
    Criticise away...but in a grown up way

I blame the puppy.
    Clearly a distraction at the training ground and probably bursting all the footballs.
    Needs a stern talking to

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Criticise away...but in a grown up way
    Like we do with players?

😂

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast