+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Taking advantage of the naïve, gullible and dumb for monetary gain is pretty much the way bookmakers operate.

You can either be one of the naive, gullible and dumb, or as you said you can beat the bookies. I prefer the latter.
    Taking the betting side of it, I just think it will be very interesting, to hear what you have to say, should Mansfield achieve a play off place. You’re clearly a smart person, so admitting you were wrong, wouldn’t be hard. The same way if they fail to achieve what I expected them too, I will issue an apology and bow to your wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Taking the betting side of it, I just think it will be very interesting, to hear what you have to say, should Mansfield achieve a play off place. You’re clearly a smart person, so admitting you were wrong, wouldn’t be hard. The same way if they fail to achieve what I expected them too, I will issue an apology and bow to your wisdom.
    Bloody hell Kyle, I thought I had explained the thought process pretty clearly in previous posts, especially post #118. I'll try with bold capital letters in case that helps.

IT'S NOT ABOUT MANSFIELD'S PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS, IT'S ABOUT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF GENEROUS BETTING ODDS.

Bloody hell Kyle, I thought I had explained the thought process pretty clearly in previous posts, especially post #118. I'll try with bold capital letters in case that helps.

IT'S NOT ABOUT MANSFIELD'S PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS, IT'S ABOUT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF GENEROUS BETTING ODDS.
    I’m not interested in betting odds. I thought I made that clear also, maybe I should try bold capital letters in case that helps. I said Mansfield would make the play offs, you said they wouldn’t, you then proceeded to talk about gambling, when I’ve strictly said I’m not interested. Why you keep going down this route, when neither me or anybody else, has taken up your offer is baffling.

I’m not interested in betting odds. I thought I made that clear also, maybe I should try bold capital letters in case that helps. I said Mansfield would make the play offs, you said they wouldn’t, you then proceeded to talk about gambling, when I’ve strictly said I’m not interested. Why you keep going down this route, when neither me or anybody else, has taken up your offer is baffling.
    You just don't get it do you? The reason I offered you the bet initially had nothing to do with how well Clough would do at Mansfield. It really didn't matter whether he guided them to 1st place or 24th place. I offered you an even money bet when (according to laddo) 15/2 was available. If you don't see the logic behind that, someone else will have to try and explain it to you.

You just don't get it do you? The reason I offered you the bet initially had nothing to do with how well Clough would do at Mansfield. It really didn't matter whether he guided them to 1st place or 24th place. I offered you an even money bet when (according to laddo) 15/2 was available. If you don't see the logic behind that, someone else will have to try and explain it to you.
    That’s what this discussion was about for goodness sake, whether he would do well or not. You then took it upon yourself to flex your betting knowledge when nobody asked and nobody really cares. You offered me a bet, I said no, you then offered everybody else, yep you guessed it nobody else took the bet. You then yet again, start talking about gambling odds, it’s like you’re desperately trying to create drama out of nothing. We get it for crying out loud, you have betting knowledge well done I’ll send your Blue Peter badge in the post...

That’s what this discussion was about for goodness sake, whether he would do well or not. You then took it upon yourself to flex your betting knowledge when nobody asked and nobody really cares. You offered me a bet, I said no, you then offered everybody else, yep you guessed it nobody else took the bet. You then yet again, start talking about gambling odds, it’s like you’re desperately trying to create drama out of nothing. We get it for crying out loud, you have betting knowledge well done I’ll send your Blue Peter badge in the post...
    Look, you raised this issue again in post #109, I had forgotten about it. I'm not trying to create drama at all, I was merely try to explain that my initial offer months ago was based on betting rather than football.

It's hardly my fault that it took you loads of posts to understand something that was very simple.

Look, you raised this issue again in post #109, I had forgotten about it. I'm not trying to create drama at all, I was merely try to explain that my initial offer months ago was based on betting rather than football.

It's hardly my fault that it took you loads of posts to understand something that was very simple.
    If your initial offer, was ‘based on betting rather than football’ it’s very strange to bring up the betting side again, when absolutely nobody took you up on said offer. It didn’t take me ‘loads of posts’ at all I understood perfectly fine. You just lacked the common sense to understand what ‘I don’t gamble’ means. Now I will take some of the blame for that, I should have made it clearer, granted I said 2-3 times, I don’t gamble I clearly should have done it more times. I don’t gamble Elite, here’s your response, it’s fine that you don’t bet to make personal gain, how about we bet for charity 🤦 as I said it was just about you showing your knowledge of betting when zero people asked.

Taking advantage of the naïve, gullible and dumb for monetary gain is pretty much the way bookmakers operate.

You can either be one of the naive, gullible and dumb, or as you said you can beat the bookies. I prefer the latter.
    Does this acting as an amateur bookmaker and taking advantage of people extend to friends and family or just people off the internet?

"Nothing to be proud of Rusty..."

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Does this acting as an amateur bookmaker and taking advantage of people extend to friends and family or just people off the internet?

"Nothing to be proud of Rusty..."
    People on the internet these days. When I worked I often had bets with Forest fans. When Forest won, I would hand my fiver over and say "well done", then collect my £15 from the bookies.

Oh that's good, as long as you wouldn't try the same to fellow pies on NCM.

I'd rather help them out and tell them the best current odds available at the bookmakers.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast