+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Clough

I also think it's a very good appointment as long as the Stags supporters are after stability, a long term approach and don't mind watching a solid defensive style of football.

He will sort them out no doubt about it , get them very well organised, and there is absolutely no chance they can get any worse this season seeing as they've not won a single game yet!

The question will be how patient are the Stags fans prepared to be? If they turn on him Field Mill can be a toxic place and Nigel is a sensitive man and won't like it.

Good appointment. I wonder if Trew or Hardy ever approached him, I can't remember his name cropping up on here much when we have been looking for our next manager.

Definitely a good appointment. Unlike Notts, who appointed Harry bloody Kewell after a dire start to the season, the Stags have made a very sensible appointment. I'm sure they'll be fine this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Personally I think this is a great appointment for the stags ,
    its one manger we should have been chasing.
    if ever there was a manager to back in terms of building a squad and developing youth it non league Nigel (as the florists call him)
    Everything NA is not I believe
    Well said, Pedro!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Personally I think this is a great appointment for the stags ,
    its one manger we should have been chasing.
    I'm anti Clough

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I also think it's a very good appointment as long as the Stags supporters are after stability, a long term approach and don't mind watching a solid defensive style of football.

He will sort them out no doubt about it , get them very well organised, and there is absolutely no chance they can get any worse this season seeing as they've not won a single game yet!

The question will be how patient are the Stags fans prepared to be? If they turn on him Field Mill can be a toxic place and Nigel is a sensitive man and won't like it.

Good appointment. I wonder if Trew or Hardy ever approached him, I can't remember his name cropping up on here much when we have been looking for our next manager.
    They won't need to show much patience imo. After this appointment, i fully expect Stags to finish in the play offs at the end of the season. He will most likely play Cook and Maynard up top, that's a promotion winning front pairing. Added to that as you say, he will make them well organised. As for January, i now expect our neighbours to loan them 2 or 3 of their best youngsters, and they will really kick on in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    They won't need to show much patience imo. After this appointment, i fully expect Stags to finish in the play offs at the end of the season.
    I'm willing to bet you any stake you care to mention that won't be the case.

Over to you.

What odds are you offering?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm willing to bet you any stake you care to mention that won't be the case.

Over to you.
    I’m not a gambling man I’m afraid, i don’t agree with it. However it will be interesting to see, who’s proven to be right come the end of the season my friend.

They won't need to show much patience imo. After this appointment, i fully expect Stags to finish in the play offs at the end of the season. He will most likely play Cook and Maynard up top, that's a promotion winning front pairing. Added to that as you say, he will make them well organised. As for January, i now expect our neighbours to loan them 2 or 3 of their best youngsters, and they will really kick on in the new year.
    I wouldn't say I fully expect it but there may be an outside chance.

Just looked at the table to see the Stags situation - noticed that its not looking good for Neil Cox, next to bottom (although games in hand) and lost last 5 games. Should have stayed at ML!

I’m not a gambling man I’m afraid, i don’t agree with it. However it will be interesting to see, who’s proven to be right come the end of the season my friend.
    Indeed it will. If you're not a gambling man I would like to revise my offer - if Clough gets the Stags to a playoff position or better I will promise to make a donation (the amount is up to you) to a charity of your choice. If he doesn't get them to the playoffs or above, you donate the same amount to a charity of my choice. Neither of us make a profit, but a charity does.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast