+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Clough

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What odds are you offering?
    What odds would tempt you?

I would offer 4/1.

I'd strongly recommend Kyle takes Sky Bets 15/2.

Funny to see confident claims about Clough been a roaring success when they’ve not had a successful manager since Ian Greaves.

I'd strongly recommend Kyle takes Sky Bets 15/2.
    So would I, except they are only offering 5/1:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...2/top-7-finish

Thank you however for verifying something I've been preaching on here for years - gambling is only a mug's game if you're a mug.

I've made a career from taking even money bets when you can get 5/2 elsewhere.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 06-11-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So would I, except they are only offering 5/1:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...2/top-7-finish

Thank you however for verifying something I've been preaching on here for years - gambling is only a mug's game if you're a mug.

I've made a career from taking even money bets when you can get 5/2 elsewhere.
    You can take your 5/1 or you could take their 15/2 to make the playoffs.

https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-be...event/26234921

Don't be mugged off by the bookies EP

You can take your 5/1 or you could take their 15/2 to make the playoffs.

https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-be...event/26234921

Don't be mugged off by the bookies EP
    I was being kind to Kyle. He fully expects them to make the playoffs, so finishing one place higher than the playoffs would mean he loses the bet despite his very bold prediction. That would be cruel.

If he really wanted a bet on his forecast I would advise he plays safe and backs a top half finish at 13/8. If I could get evens on a bottom half finish I would lump on, because I think Clough has a lot to do to even achieve that. It's not that dissimilar to when Ardley took over here in terms of games to go and league position, and I paid for two season tickets on that one although I haven't been allowed to buy the second one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Funny to see confident claims about Clough been a roaring success when they’ve not had a successful manager since Ian Greaves.
    I think you are stretching it a bit there BFP, only Kyle is making confident claims about a roaring success. Others just think it is a good appointment. I think most Notts fans would have been happy if he had come to us. That doesn't mean he will be successful though.

God if any set of fans deserves some sort of success it's Mansfailed fans.

I feel sorry for the younger Notts fans but I feel sorry for all Stags fans.

God if any set of fans deserves some sort of success it's Mansfailed fans.

I feel sorry for the younger Notts fans but I feel sorry for all Stags fans.
    They've only ever spent one season in the 2nd tier, so consolidating in the 3rd tier is realistically the best they can hope for. They haven't done that for a while though. Seems Leicester have hoovered up all of the luck and fortune sprinkled over the East Midlands for the past decade or more.

Yup they either cleverly used a period in administration or cheated however you choose to look at it to launch and incredible period in their history including a fairytale PL title. They've left crumbs of luck for the rest of the region.

As for Mansfailed they could realistically do a Rotherham or Doncaster with a rich enthusiastic chairman and solid manager. Or they could peak in L1 and declare it their golden period of the last 50 years

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast