+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NUFC vs Southampton

NUFC vs Southampton

Honestly, man, who knows how this is going to turn out.

Everton was an improvement but we've seen this before with Bruce....shit, shit, shit, not as bad as we'd expected, shit, approaching decent in parts, shit.....rinse and repeat.

He got massively lucky with the injuries Everton had so will no doubt be putting in a complaint to the league that only Danny Ings is injured so far.

That being said, you can only beat what's in front of you, so the Everton result was a good one. Southampton are a very decent team with a good manager so, as the cliche goes, getting anything from this one would be a bonus.

Hopefully they lose and play awful so everybody on this forum can be happy. This seems to be the only joy here nowadays.

Yesterday i predicted that we'd lose this one 3-1

But I've got a funny feeling today that we'll win and score 4 goals in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by liikape View Post
    Hopefully they lose and play awful so everybody on this forum can be happy. This seems to be the only joy here nowadays.
    LOL. I see what you mean. It’s just that when you know the club has zero ambition to improve it kind of sucks the joy out of the odd win. The fact that the football has been dire to watch doesn’t help.
    Before a few seasons back I couldn’t even sit down to watch us play on tv, I used to get so riled up to watch and used to annoy the whole family shouting during the game and celebrating when we scored (even though they would stay as far away as possible from me in the house!)

I’m ashamed to say I have dozed off during a couple of our games since Bruce started managing us. If you’d said to me a couple of years ago that I could do this, I’d have called you liar.
    This speaks volumes for me about where our club is at just now.

Although it may seem that way,the overall mood is dictated by the continuous dross served up week after week.I personally haven't detected an artificial gloominess on this site moreover stark reality in the hope that as a group of dissatisfied supporters someone somewhere in the higher echelon will take note & do something about it.
    Lets face it.we are hardly attractive to watch,the ''coach'' is abject to say the least & his post match interviews are cringeworthy. That said,my prediction is a 5 - 0 result in our favour tonight

There's simply nothing interesting about watching/supporting/following a team which sole goal it is to make a businessman rich by playing random football and just getting by with producing random results.

So no, I don't enjoy us winning as much as I used to. Still, I say us. And I still support NUFC and will until my dying days. But in our current constitution, the passion is waning day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    There's simply nothing interesting about watching/supporting/following a team which sole goal it is to make a businessman rich by playing random football and just getting by with producing random results.

So no, I don't enjoy us winning as much as I used to. Still, I say us. And I still support NUFC and will until my dying days. But in our current constitution, the passion is waning day by day.
    completely agree Hughie.

I will be watching the game even though i know what Bruce is likely to serve up.
    We are in an awful situation, the more lucky points this clown picks up, the safer he is and we keep Ashley making a cashpot from the PL money tree.
    To wish us to lose in order to get rid of the cabbage heed is daft, if history is anything to go by. Ashley has faith until its too late.

The only way Ash will pull the trigger on the manager is if we lose every game until the new year and are in the bottom 3, that is quite realistic especially if theres a glimmer of hope of a takeover.

Southampton - lose, too much for us

Chelsea - lose - easy win for them

Crystal Palace - lose, Zaha will rip us apart

Aston Villa - lose, up for a battle and have heart

Leeds - lose, they will demolish us

Fulham - could go either way, no doubt Mitro will win the game

Manchester City - lose, its city

Liverpool - lose, the champions

Leicester - lose, they are much better than us

there are some good teams below us who will get wins, Man Utd, Leeds, Sheff Utd, Brighton, West Ham, Palace
    Last edited by TANYA_; 06-11-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    Yesterday i predicted that we'd lose this one 3-1

But I've got a funny feeling today that we'll win and score 4 goals in the process.
    Bit early for the drink, Benny?

Ok, facetiousness aside, I'm sure you're aware that losing makes none of us happy.

Well, apart from maybe Geordie but he has the best of intentions ultimately.

As i'm sure you're aware, almost all football fans like a good moan. Following your team creates such contrasting emotions-and such strong ones-that you've got to work out a way to handle both. When we lose, having a good moan is part of the catharsis, part of getting it out of our system and fuck me there's a lot to moan about these days. The problem is that, even when we win, it's the equivalent of Joan of Arc cheering on the pyre as the executioner's last match blows out before he can light the bonfire...only for someone in the crowd to say 'here, want a light?'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ok, facetiousness aside, I'm sure you're aware that losing makes none of us happy.

Well, apart from maybe Geordie but he has the best of intentions ultimately.

As i'm sure you're aware, almost all football fans like a good moan. Following your team creates such contrasting emotions-and such strong ones-that you've got to work out a way to handle both. When we lose, having a good moan is part of the catharsis, part of getting it out of our system and fuck me there's a lot to moan about these days. The problem is that, even when we win, it's the equivalent of Joan of Arc cheering on the pyre as the executioner's last match blows out before he can light the bonfire...only for someone in the crowd to say 'here, want a light?'
    😆😆
    It’s actually more like the first match blowing out and he still has a box full to get it going.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)