Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
You are the master of self delusion then, because if you read your posts you did in fact concede the point. Albeit you then changed your definition to "given time to build a team whilst being successful which is exactly what Farke, Bielsa (who according to you would normally be sacked after losing in the playoffs in his first season!) did. Why you would think a club's board would sack a manager who had got them to the play offs in his first season, is beyond me.

However, I realise that like the Lampard debate, you stick to a view even if its demonstrably incorrect.
I thought we’d agreed to stop, but apparently not. So...if you insist on continuing...

1) Show me where I’ve conceded the point.
2) I don’t know what that definition is because you haven’t closed the quotation marks to show what you’re suggesting I actually said.
3) Farke finished mid table in his first season...then won promotion...then got relegated, but he’s still there being given the chance to take Norwich further...kind of my point.
4) Bielsa didn’t just lose the play offs...he/they absolutely blew it...from a position of strength for automatic promotion, through ‘Spygate’ and then a position of dominance in the play offs. Imagine how we at Derby would have reacted in the same circumstances, but Leeds stuck with him and have reaped the reward.
5) How is my view that Lampard left us in a weak position, both in terms of time available to prepare for the next season and the squad he left, ‘demonstrably incorrect’? They’re both just facts.