+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Palace - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Crystal Palace - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Crystal Palace captain Luka Milivojevic begins a three-match suspension following his sending off at Wolves.

Gary Cahill and Jordan Ayew are both available once again but James Tomkins has suffered a minor injury setback.

Leeds are assessing the fitness of winger Raphinha, who missed Monday's loss to Leicester with an ankle issue.

Rodrigo has been ruled out because of a positive test for coronavirus, while Kalvin Phillips and Diego Llorente remain on the sidelines through injury.

Crystal Palace have had the fewest shots of any team in the Premier League, with 57 in seven games, while only Liverpool have had more than Leeds.

They both have the same number of points though - 10 - so you can see that, while they have a different approach, they both have a style that is effective.

It will be interesting to see what Eagles boss Roy Hodgson does here - will he completely allow Leeds to take the game to his side and then look to pick them off?

That is what Palace did against Fulham last week but Leeds are a lot more dangerous.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Crystal Palace have won only one of their past eight matches against Leeds in all competitions (D2, L5). However, Leeds are winless in their last four trips to Selhurst Park (D2, L2). This is their first Premier League meeting since Leeds won 2-0 away in January 1998.

Crystal Palace

Roy Hodgson's side have won just one of their past seven home league fixtures (D2, L4). The Eagles have scored more than once in only one of their 12 Premier League matches at Selhurst Park in 2020. Palace have lost at least one home fixture against promoted opposition in each of the last five seasons.Crystal Palace have lost three of their past five league games (W1, D1), conceding at least twice in each defeat. A player has been sent off in each of their last three fixtures.Wilfried Zaha has scored five of Palace's eight Premier League goals this season.

Leeds United

The Whites are looking to win three successive Premier League away games for the first time since August 2002. They have not conceded an away goal in three hours and two minutes.Leeds have won just one of their past 20 league matches in London (D6, L13). Marcelo Bielsa's side have scored 13 league goals so far this season.

The only promoted team to score more over the opening seven matches of a Premier League campaign are Nottingham Forest, with 14 in 1994-95.Patrick Bamford can become the first Leeds player to score in the opening four away games of a top-flight campaign.

1 - 3.

MOT.

C’mon Leeds we can’t get beat by the glad all overs.

Worryingly weak team and virtually nothing on the bench except Poveda.

Where are Raphina (still injured?) and Pablo (sulking?)

This may not go well (but I hope I'm wrong).

Raphinhas on the bench. He's no. 18

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    Raphinhas on the bench. He's no. 18
    Oh sorry, didn't recognise the alternative name.

Horrible fixture this ONE, difficult to predict. For once I welcome the international break. MOT

Pablos on the naughty step I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Pablos on the naughty step I would think.
    Been on that step myself quite a few times over the years........

A draw would be decent.

link anyone?

i miss something, whats Pablo sulking about?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)