+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Is our game plan sustainable

Phil Hay reckoned one part the annoyance with Pablo was due to it being a game where they were recognising Remembrance Day and in any event no matter how much he disliked or we disagree with the decision open dissent is something MB doesn’t tolerate - another reason to like him.

Regarding Pablo's silly reaction.
    Pablo's been a tremendous player for Leeds particularly under MB who created a system for him to play in and provided expertise for Pablo's weekly body/age requirements.Resulting in some wonderful performances for travelling fans to drool over.

Re-wind to 2014,when the then Swansea Chairman Huw Jenkins explained Pablo Hernandez’s shock move to Qatari side Al Arabi would only be for a small fee after Pablo's 57 appearances over two years for them (after being signed for £5.5 million).

Being sympathetic the *Welsh press stated that a succession of injuries – 'normally hamstring' – had stopped Hernandez really gaining much momentum. Most notably (and most frustratingly)far too many 'key spells' on the sidelines in his first season and not living up to the hope that Swans fans had when Michael Laudrup lured him in the summer of 2012 for £5.5 million when he was signed as a winger until said injuries.Then came Laudrups departure and the new Swansea manager Gary Monks more defensive strategy saw the conversion into making Pablo a number 10 to help nullify his persistent ongoing hamstring issues that as we know have been well 'managed' at his time with Leeds which has allowed us to see the inspirational talents he has when fit and playing regularly which is not the case nowadays so Pablo's actions in hindsight were out of order end of as Pontus found out from MB despite both players prior signing for Leeds with injury records,later getting improved contracts,then further pay rise's and first class medical treatment from the club.

As I said - 'Silly reaction' from a senior pro rescued by Leeds & Monk from Spain's Rayo Vallecano were he was on loan from his Qatari side,IMO.

MOT

*https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...a-city-7425760

PS. MB takes no nonsense - recently one of young squad members got caught speeding and had his club car taken off him.Young or old know what's expected.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Regarding Pablo's silly reaction.
    Pablo's been a tremendous player for Leeds particularly under MB who created a system for him to play in and provided expertise for Pablo's weekly body/age requirements.Resulting in some wonderful performances for travelling fans to drool over.

Re-wind to 2014,when the then Swansea Chairman Huw Jenkins explained Pablo Hernandez’s shock move to Qatari side Al Arabi would only be for a small fee after Pablo's 57 appearances over two years for them (after being signed for £5.5 million).

Being sympathetic the *Welsh press stated that a succession of injuries – 'normally hamstring' – had stopped Hernandez really gaining much momentum. Most notably (and most frustratingly)far too many 'key spells' on the sidelines in his first season and not living up to the hope that Swans fans had when Michael Laudrup lured him in the summer of 2012 for £5.5 million when he was signed as a winger until said injuries.Then came Laudrups departure and the new Swansea manager Gary Monks more defensive strategy saw the conversion into making Pablo a number 10 to help nullify his persistent ongoing hamstring issues that as we know have been well 'managed' at his time with Leeds which has allowed us to see the inspirational talents he has when fit and playing regularly which is not the case nowadays so Pablo's actions in hindsight were out of order end of as Pontus found out from MB despite both players prior signing for Leeds with injury records,later getting improved contracts,then further pay rise's and first class medical treatment from the club.

As I said - 'Silly reaction' from a senior pro rescued by Leeds & Monk from Spain's Rayo Vallecano were he was on loan from his Qatari side,IMO.

MOT

*https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...a-city-7425760

PS. MB takes no nonsense - recently one of young squad members got caught speeding and had his club car taken off him.Young or old know what's expected.
    Sure Mrs.O I agree we know what to expect much of the same onwards we go. So what did you think? He was getting us back in the game hits the post and gets taken off for his efforts. I agree with players behaving in such a manner but on this occasion, I feel it was warranted.
    As far as rescuing him the guy has paid overs to the team he doesn't owe us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Phil Hay reckoned one part the annoyance with Pablo was due to it being a game where they were recognising Remembrance Day and in any event no matter how much he disliked or we disagree with the decision open dissent is something MB doesn’t tolerate - another reason to like him.
    "Open dissent is something MB doesn't tolerate"......that is when it's his decision that is being questioned? What about on the pitch? How about Leeds showing the rest of the PL that whether you agree or disagree with the officials, it's their job to officiate, NOT the players (so maybe our big roughty toughty prima donnas could behave a little bit more like the REAL roughty toughties in rubgy (league or union)?)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Open dissent is something MB doesn't tolerate"......that is when it's his decision that is being questioned? What about on the pitch? How about Leeds showing the rest of the PL that whether you agree or disagree with the officials, it's their job to officiate, NOT the players (so maybe our big roughty toughty prima donnas could behave a little bit more like the REAL roughty toughties in rubgy (league or union)?)
    no argument from me there - think shows of dissent to officials should be more harshly punished in football. I hate it when players surround the ref or wave their hands encouraging the ref to give a card. Maybe the refs should be encouraged to follow the example of Wayne Barnes - when a former All Black encouraged him to give a yellow card, Mr Barnes encouraged him to be quiet or it would be the said All Black going to the bin instead.

Part of the mess football is in is through not supporting the officlals more (coupled with making crazy rule changes making said officials job harder).

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Sure Mrs.O I agree we know what to expect much of the same onwards we go. So what did you think? He was getting us back in the game hits the post and gets taken off for his efforts. I agree with players behaving in such a manner but on this occasion, I feel it was warranted.
    As far as rescuing him the guy has paid overs to the team he doesn't owe us anything.

I only saw highlights of said game - but friends back in Leeds on that night said local weather was torrential rain 24 hours before kickoff and throughout the match with very strong gales blowing and were surprised game was allowed to start.So that on board I'm surprised he actually got on the pitch after being out recently,maybe something happened tactically but then again I've seen him to often try too hard to 'pull a rabbit out the hat' and he can get tetchy if things don't work out - whatever ?

Strange, only last week Nick Kyrgios was labelled an overpaid idiot for racquet smashing despite all his talent.Role models springs to mind but characters always put bums on seats or presently get TV audiences whether it's Football Tennis,Boxing,Music etc and I suspect folks were tuning in to watch MB's Leeds Utd rather than Vardy in a Foxes jersey.Hey ho.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    No excuse for bad behaviour and dissent in that way - Pablo is supposed to be a role model for the younger players - he carried out mouthing stuff and kicked the water bottle once close to the coaches.

No excuses whatsoever. Bielsa has stood by him and held him up as an example for other players. The club could easily have tried to move him on over the summer but didn’t and in like with the new values we seem to have wanted him part of the premier league squad.

Fine that he didn’t like being subbed - good even - but to react overtly as he did - I can’t see how you can support that - only my opinion but no player is above the coach or the club.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    No excuse for bad behaviour and dissent in that way - Pablo is supposed to be a role model for the younger players - he carried out mouthing stuff and kicked the water bottle once close to the coaches.

No excuses whatsoever. Bielsa has stood by him and held him up as an example for other players. The club could easily have tried to move him on over the summer but didn’t and in like with the new values we seem to have wanted him part of the premier league squad.

Fine that he didn’t like being subbed - good even - but to react overtly as he did - I can’t see how you can support that - only my opinion but no player is above the coach or the club.
    I was mouthing and kicking stuff too, and i didnt get subbed for having a good game.

Pablo was playing well and looked the most likely to get us back in the game but his reaction and actions to being subbed was very poor but you could kind of understand where he was coming from.

Mind you I don't think I would have been too happy being subbed for Roberts !

A strong under 21s side Leeds United: Casilla, Davis, Cresswell, Casey, Drameh, Kenneh, McCarron, Summerville, Poveda, Gelhardt, Greenwood

Gets reamed 3-0 You guys still think our game plan is beautiful to watch. Lucky I have mom's funeral in 4 hours will take my mind off for a while.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)