+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Jack Ross finished 3rd & reached a cup final. I’ve spent the last 8 years reading on here how that’s a very successful season.

You’ve all changed your tune
    Nope. Dons finished 2nd a few times so bar raised there and we all got tired of perennial runners up tag a while ago.

Re Hibs, they only got 3rd because Dons imploded and they were rank rotten at business end of both cups. Now the media are telling us what a "wonderful" season they've had. What a load of old toilet that is. JR and his cheerleaders can brush over the former and claim some sort of 3rd place "glory" but the latter aint a good look for him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Nope. Dons finished 2nd a few times so bar raised there and we all got tired of perennial runners up tag a while ago.

Re Hibs, they only got 3rd because Dons imploded and they were rank rotten at business end of both cups. Now the media are telling us what a "wonderful" season they've had. What a load of old toilet that is. JR and his cheerleaders can brush over the former and claim some sort of 3rd place "glory" but the latter aint a good look for him at all.

The Leith Brazil have always rated themselves very highly. You could have put your mortgage on St Johnstone winning yesterday. It's a mystery how they (saints) can get the best from our rejects but not the other way round.

I was up for the idea of Jack Ross replacing McInnes at the dons but watching their cup final it was striking how similar hibs played to us in our semi finals/ finals. No real belief from the outset and no clear tactics on how to go and win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I was up for the idea of Jack Ross replacing McInnes at the dons but watching their cup final it was striking how similar hibs played to us in our semi finals/ finals. No real belief from the outset and no clear tactics on how to go and win the game.
    Maybe it’s just that we just play St Perth better than they do, given that in the four fixtures last season they earned but a single point out of the twelve available, even when three of the four matches were on their own McMidden.

Funny old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    The Leith Brazil have always rated themselves very highly. You could have put your mortgage on St Johnstone winning yesterday. It's a mystery how they (saints) can get the best from our rejects but not the other way round.
    ^^^That
    Jack Ross will be sacked by the end of next season,Mcinnes will take over and it will be much of the same for them.
    Shame

Jack Ross finished 3rd & reached a cup final. I’ve spent the last 8 years reading on here how that’s a very successful season.

You’ve all changed your tune
    Another way of looking at that is that you’ve been repeatedly saying how much better Jack Ross is than McInnes, etc. and yet in what’s been a piss poor season where St Johnstone came away with 2 trophies he’s failed to deliver any more than McInnes did, including at a Cup Final with neither of the uglies present.

I’m no McInnes fan but I think the jury is definitely out on Ross.

And no, 3rd and a final isn’t good enough for Aberdeen.

I’ve heard that Jack Ross is on an eye watering McInnesesque type contract at Hibs.

Although I think it’s harsh to judge any manager at Hibs & I’d argue all day that he’s a much better manager than McInnes, I’m willing to accept I was wrong here.

I’ve heard that Jack Ross is on an eye watering McInnesesque type contract at Hibs.

Although I think it’s harsh to judge any manager at Hibs & I’d argue all day that he’s a much better manager than McInnes, I’m willing to accept I was wrong here.
    Accepting you were wrong is for pooves.

Fair play Mason. Takes a big man innaw that !!

T be fair he did really well at Alloa. Relatively.

And since arriving at Hibs , he has been snapping up most of the usual suspect players that McInnes used to have had first choice pick for ?

But it's a new era for Us. And so far , this boy Glass has been amazingly , refreshingly good . Compare to both Desk and Ross.

I know there will come a time , probably son , when we get completely humped by a good side ? But it'll still be better than sending a team out not to lose , and then getting humped ?!!

So good luck to Ross & Hibs . Just go win games that help the Done to win the league . Previous seasons we've been relatively wel matched to them. Seen a few exciting nil-nils too. But this season , we should be jumping them stupid !!!!

Now if you want to revise your taste in music and admit that Morrissey could never wipe David Bowie's ersem, you would be a Top Don !!!

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast