+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surely this is the end for Cocu?

Surely this is the end for Cocu?

Taking nothing away from Barnsley who were well worth their win, this must be the end of the road for Cocu?

He's a classy Guy but really has no idea. He needs to go immediately.
    New owner... new ideas... new manager.... still time this season to get out of the mire but for Gods sake.... not Rooney....

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Taking nothing away from Barnsley who were well worth their win, this must be the end of the road for Cocu?
    Even I agree. Nice guy, had dreadful luck at times...but enough’s enough and there are no longer any excuses.

Agree with Luckless...new broom time...Rooney not ‘qualified’ to take over but no idea where that leaves him.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag
    Even I agree. Nice guy, had dreadful luck at times...but enough's enough and there are no longer any excuses.

Agree with Luckless...new broom time...Rooney not qualified to take over but no idea where that leaves him.
    Unfortunately, nice guys rarely do well in this league!
    Nice guys who play tippy tappy football do even worse.
    However, he should never have been appointed, surely Mel knew how Cocu wanted to play! If Mel didn't foresee problems of tippy tappy merged with a youth policy merged with a tighten your belt policy then that aint Cocu's fault.....its Mels! That doesn't mean Cocu gets off scot free because he's the football man and should have the qualities needed to utilise the best of this squad but Mel is the boss man and the buck falls at his feet.
    Cocu has to go but I think Mel's time has come also! He's done his best, spent a fortune, created a marvellous academy but our future is now in jeopardy and time is short. Whether somebody is daft enough to invest in this funeral pyre is anybody's guess but urgent action is now desperate because we are in the shiite!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Even I agree. Nice guy, had dreadful luck at times...but enough’s enough and there are no longer any excuses.

Agree with Luckless...new broom time...Rooney not ‘qualified’ to take over but no idea where that leaves him.
    Unless we are contractually committed to play him if fit, I would make action 1 to drop him to the bench at best

I agree, maybe bring him on in the last 20 mins if we need a bit of magic from a set piece but on the evidence of the past couple of games he is not up to playing in this league. I would shudder if he became a coach or assistant manager, if installed as manager, then I'd laugh!

So what happens now? We haven't a great squad, though on paper it should be good enough to be mid table, we can't bring anyone in either on a permanent transfer or loan until January.

As I've been saying, there has been something wrong with player recruitment for a while now, a strategy of buying the previous player of the season from other clubs has only meant big bucks spent on players and wages to no avail. We can't solely use academy players, there needs to be a blend and above all we need a manager who understands the championship, not some newby or someone who has never managed at this level.

Yep, got to go. We don't have much, but need someone who can get the best out of them. Feel sorry for the guy.

Mel needs to hand over too. **** up after **** up.

It's a toughie is this one. Do we get in a manager to try and get us promoted or someone until the end of the season to get us out of the bottom three. I personaly would go for someone to steady the boat until the end of the season which would give time to seriously consider the right man for the job to take us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptianram View Post
    It's a toughie is this one. Do we get in a manager to try and get us promoted or someone until the end of the season to get us out of the bottom three. I personaly would go for someone to steady the boat until the end of the season which would give time to seriously consider the right man for the job to take us forward.
    I DON’T want us in the third tier, not even bothered if we have to kick punch and bully our way to safety this season much as I hate that style of play, trouble is we have no one to do it. We need someone with ‘Mac’ in his name, a Mackay, a McGrath or a Stimac

I don't see any change until the sale of the club is signed, sealed and delivered.

I did say when he came that he utilises possession based football described over her as "zakelijk" meaning business-like aka safety first with the odd quick burst in attack. That is what we have seen. Great that he gave so many of the young uns playing time. Jozwiak is a very good signing too.

One win in 11 is not good. In fact nowhere near good enough. Who to replace him with though?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)