+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leicester Match Day Thread

OK, we lost because of a dodgy penalty but the fact is we didn't do nearly enough to get anything out of this game. We played with a bit of fear after that pen but all through the game, too often, it was too slow, too sidewatds and backwards and then resulting with fighting the ball back to Leicester. The second half was a bit better but let's face it...we do not have enough of an attacking threat. Ever since we've been promoted we haven't battered anyone. We have a good squad with talented players but where is the evidence we're ever going to play with a sustained attacking threat. FFS, even when we do push forward we never have enough players in the opponents box to cause any fear.

That should have read "gifting" the ball back to Leicester. I hate predictive text!!!

We are slowly sinking to our deserved position in the table. We are not a bad team or a particularly good team either. What we haven't got is an aggressive imaginative mid field player who can get between the opposition defence and midfield and create good chances for the forwards. Neves plays too deep ,Jiminez often plays this role but when he does, as was evident today, there is nobody in the box to get the ball in to. Fix it!

Is it just me, but on the rare occasions De Silva gets on to the pitch he looks a complete donkey?

What is it with Leicester and Wolves with VAR. Three out of the last four meetings have been affected by this so called technology and inept decisions being made from it. On Ref watch a few minutes ago on Sky, Gallagher is quite firm on the fact that the Leicester first penalty should not have been given. The online poll, at the same time resulted in over 80% voting against the penalty.

I only listened to the first half, so I can't comment on the performance apart from saying that the lads rightly or wrongly were affected by this injustice. I watched the second and we certainly deserved something out of this game. Only a brilliant save by Schmeichel kept Leicester in Poll position in the Premier League.

We, as several posters have stated, need to start scoring goals, We defend well and teams find it difficult to score against us. When play starts we have a point, one goal often gets us three points. But in the situation yesterday, once the home team scored their dubious penalty, they could sit back and say, come and break us down, and although we huffed and puffed, like in so many games we couldn't.

Nuno and his staff will be aware of this and will be working to rectify the situation. Yesterday we were beaten 1-0 by the team that tops the league.

Woody I have to disagree with your final sentence. It is difficult to enter a match late on and immediately influence the outcome. Give the young lad time, perhaps it's the school teacher in me.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    What is it with Leicester and Wolves with VAR. Three out of the last four meetings have been affected by this so called technology and inept decisions being made from it. On Ref watch a few minutes ago on Sky, Gallagher is quite firm on the fact that the Leicester first penalty should not have been given. The online poll, at the same time resulted in over 80% voting against the penalty.

I only listened to the first half, so I can't comment on the performance apart from saying that the lads rightly or wrongly were affected by this injustice. I watched the second and we certainly deserved something out of this game. Only a brilliant save by Schmeichel kept Leicester in Poll position in the Premier League.

We, as several posters have stated, need to start scoring goals, We defend well and teams find it difficult to score against us. When play starts we have a point, one goal often gets us three points. But in the situation yesterday, once the home team scored their dubious penalty, they could sit back and say, come and break us down, and although we huffed and puffed, like in so many games we couldn't.

Nuno and his staff will be aware of this and will be working to rectify the situation. Yesterday we were beaten 1-0 by the team that tops the league.

Woody I have to disagree with your final sentence. It is difficult to enter a match late on and immediately influence the outcome. Give the young lad time, perhaps it's the school teacher in me.
    You are probably correct, coming on in bits and dabs doesn't help anyone's game. For a young lad he just looks heavy legged to me, not particularly agile. Hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, why don't we start him for once, couldn't significantly hinder our flow of goals could it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)