+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake account says Adkins is on his way.....

Fake account says Adkins is on his way.....

Apparently ready to step in on 18month contract......

Fake news I know but is this the kind of manager we can expect?
    Last edited by Rich2462; 08-11-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Would have thought a higher quality manager is one thing we could afford after takeover?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Would have thought a higher quality manager is one thing we could afford after takeover?
    I'm not completely au fait with the financial effect a new owner has on a club.

I do know that Mel owns the club and anything he sells the club for will go back into Mel's pocket. Logical.

What I don't know is to what extent a new owner could pump extra funding into the club and what effect, if any, that would have on FFP.

Let's say, for argument's sake, Khaled pays Mel £100M for the club and wants to "invest" a further £100M into the club. Would he be allowed to do that under the applicable rules? Could that money be used for transfer fees and wages or only on infrastructure?

Can anybody with that knowledge be so kind as to enlighten me and others please?

An experienced manager who knows and has has success in the English leagues? Yes please.

Alternatively we could hire Wayne Rooney, for no other reason than he's Wayne Rooney?

MA "Let's say, for argument's sake, Khaled pays Mel £100M for the club and wants to "invest" a further £100M into the club. Would he be allowed to do that under the applicable rules? Could that money be used for transfer fees and wages or only on infrastructure?"

All bloody good questions! My understanding is that there are ways and means of investing in the club that seem to get round FFP, as all the "big time investments" in other clubs have seen significant available transfer and spending increases. I believe a lot of it depends on how the funding is done - stadium naming rights, advertising etc but also there must be a mechanism for introducing permanent funding ?

Unfortunately far too many fans appear to think middle eastern investor = loads money to spend in January and a glorious futute in the premier and champions leagues We shall see, but first we need to see the colour of the money - ie how much is to be pumped into the club (after all the potential owners assets may not be free, or the owners not willing, to invest immediately beyond the acquisition cost) and when, and then equally importantly how.

Too many questions unanswered as yet for me to start talking of the second coming of Manchester City, although I cannot imagine that new money would want to buy a club languishing in the lower reaches of the league and not energise it with money and ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    MA "Let's say, for argument's sake, Khaled pays Mel £100M for the club and wants to "invest" a further £100M into the club. Would he be allowed to do that under the applicable rules? Could that money be used for transfer fees and wages or only on infrastructure?"

All bloody good questions! My understanding is that there are ways and means of investing in the club that seem to get round FFP, as all the "big time investments" in other clubs have seen significant available transfer and spending increases. I believe a lot of it depends on how the funding is done - stadium naming rights, advertising etc but also there must be a mechanism for introducing permanent funding ?

Unfortunately far too many fans appear to think middle eastern investor = loads money to spend in January and a glorious futute in the premier and champions leagues We shall see, but first we need to see the colour of the money - ie how much is to be pumped into the club (after all the potential owners assets may not be free, or the owners not willing, to invest immediately beyond the acquisition cost) and when, and then equally importantly how.

Too many questions unanswered as yet for me to start talking of the second coming of Manchester City, although I cannot imagine that new money would want to buy a club languishing in the lower reaches of the league and not energise it with money and ambition
    My only hope at the mo (bearing in mind the Cardiff debacle) is the new owner doesnt make us play in red

But putting us in pale blue might be a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Thanks GP. That was roughly what I thought. Time to rejoice will be once we've found out how much he can/will pump in on top of the purchase price and how that will be acceptable to the EFL and furkin Boro.......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Thanks GP. That was roughly what I thought. Time to rejoice will be once we've found out how much he can/will pump in on top of the purchase price and how that will be acceptable to the EFL and furkin Boro.......
    In respect of the wages of manager and coaches, its my understanding they don't affect FFP rules. Players wages do, so attracting a good manager should not be an issue.

I guess it depends upon how the sale is treated in the accounts as to how much further investment the new owners should they take over, can put in.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    In respect of the wages of manager and coaches, its my understanding they don't affect FFP rules. Players wages do, so attracting a good manager should not be an issue.

I guess it depends upon how the sale is treated in the accounts as to how much further investment the new owners should they take over, can put in.
    I think you're correct there Swale, wasn't there a discussion that part of Rooney's wages were classed as coaching and did not contribute to ffp.

I think that Messi and Ronaldo are coming to the stage of their careers where they should consider player/coach roles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)