+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rivalry, European fitba, spectating and that

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I never wanted United to ever come back.
    I see they’re struggling a bit financially just now, which is a shame. Here’s a few fundraising tips if any PJMs are looking in

1 - Get the first team out selling maccaroon bars door to door
    2 - Open up a circus & sell tickets to see Shanklands Fivehead
    3 - Merge with the big club on their street & call themselves ‘Dundee’

Their main source of income had been taken away a while ago, which was giving you change in forged one pound coins when you paid at the turnstiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I see they’re struggling a bit financially just now, which is a shame. Here’s a few fundraising tips if any PJMs are looking in

1 - Get the first team out selling maccaroon bars door to door
    2 - Open up a circus & sell tickets to see Shanklands Fivehead
    3 - Merge with the big club on their street & call themselves ‘Dundee’
    Well, potentially one more fixture at the Allotment v us, which in the past has given them the cash to outbid us for Crawford and Miller, who we took off their hands for **** all when they realised that the corner shop had overstretched its finances in their attempts to hate us so much that they wanted to BE us.

****ing ****ers.

There won’t be a fourth fixture though. Bottom six beckons.

****ing ****ers.

They really are ****ing ****ers.

The ****ing ****ers.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I am considering copy and pasting a full press and journal as there might be one bit in the whole thing that is worthy of attention.
    Stuff it, I will leave it to 57vintage as they have more time on their hands.
    Took me 1.30 minutes
    Last edited by The Red Max; 10-11-2020 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Faulty watch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Max View Post
    Took me 1.30 minutes
    To read what my good pal 57vintage pasted or to read the full press and journal?
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 10-11-2020 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Copy and pasting the press and journal is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Max View Post
    Took me 1.30 minutes
    Which is about how long that fkn awful 10+ mins vid would have lasted had myself an 57 been charged with editing the transcript, removing all the fkn bloat, irrelevance and repetition, streamlining the grammar .... perhaps even allowing for the addition of commentary in acknowledgement of the that asset of Joot they can safely claim to be their biggest.

Having watched the Dons triumph at Tannadice,
    A young Dandy had suffered some affa bites.
    His Doctor said ' how interestin' ....
    The size o' yer injuries min' ...
    And yer blood loss, suggests massive parasites'.

A propos editing, I assumed that that muscle had shrunken, like ma stroop, through lack of use, or exercise.

477 words came in on e-mail the other day from Ireland's Best-Ever Bluemsman's nephew in answer to my questions about his award-worthy work in finding and re-mastering rarities from his uncle's archive. The mag limit/preference for that type of feature is 600 words.

I looked at the screen word coonter thingmer once I'd ****ed aroon (sub-editor terminology) with it for 45 minutes yesterday - topping, tailing, hairsting, baling, adding, padding, slicing and dicing. 598 words.

I've told the editor that I'll add my middle name to my by-line, and change a quoted "would've to "would have" to hit the top corner like Joe Harper's last-minute goal against Celta Vigo in 1971.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...2&squad=Senior

The stroop, alas, seems to be a lost cause.

That video was a painful watch. What a load of codswallop.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    codswallop.
    That's a blast from the past, have not heard that word for years, brilliant word that was quite rightly added into the OED in 1972 and deservedly so.

Codswallop is a very apt word that could also be used to describe the p1ss poor performances of the dons over the past few seasons, but thankfully not so much this season as it is so far so good and long may it continue.

Balderdash

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast