+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stockport Game Postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not allowed. If you want him out you have to carry a pitchfork and hope Notts lose every game until he goes. It's obligatory.
    Just ordered it from Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm not sure why you are so against the concept of some Notts fans wanting Notts to lose specific games of football. It's nothing new it's happened for decades. If only we had an recent example....

Exhibit A : HopefulPie.
    I'm against the concept because I don't think it's true. For starters, your Exhibit A is a load of bollox, because at no point did HopefulPie say that he wanted Notts to lose. His exact words were "Was hopeful Stockport would of been played so we can get rid to be honest..." You and m_m took that as him wanting Notts to lose. I took it as him expecting us to lose because of Ardley's incompetence, but the silver lining from the cloud of that defeat was that it might hasten Ardley's departure.

Read his comment again, and you'll see that he didn't say "I wanted Notts to lose to Stockport". You and m_m chose to read it that way. I would bet that if the game had kicked off tonight, HopefulPie would have been hoping for Notts to score rather than Stockport.

Drama queen alert. Drama queen alert.

I'm not sure why you are so against the concept of some Notts fans wanting Notts to lose specific games of football. It's nothing new it's happened for decades. If only we had an recent example....

Exhibit A : HopefulPie.

He said it himself and at least he double downed on it instead of backtracking like others.
    Having spoken to many Notts fans recently the majority feel like I do. Boring football, No tactics heading nowhere.
    Yes I want Notts to win but with a bit more consistency. Is that going to happen with current management? I don't think so that is why I am up for a change. Waiting for my Pitchfork to arrive from Amazon

Name:  pitchfork.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  30.9 KB
    Last edited by HopefulPie; 11-11-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm against the concept because I don't think it's true. For starters, your Exhibit A is a load of bollox, because at no point did HopefulPie say that he wanted Notts to lose. His exact words were "Was hopeful Stockport would of been played so we can get rid to be honest..." You and m_m took that as him wanting Notts to lose. I took it as him expecting us to lose because of Ardley's incompetence, but the silver lining from the cloud of that defeat was that it might hasten Ardley's departure.

Read his comment again, and you'll see that he didn't say "I wanted Notts to lose to Stockport". You and m_m chose to read it that way. I would bet that if the game had kicked off tonight, HopefulPie would have been hoping for Notts to score rather than Stockport.
    Yep - Like many Notts fans was expecting us to Lose

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulPie View Post
    Yep - Like many Notts fans was expecting us to Lose
    Did you want us to win though?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Don't be silly m_m, if we had played and lost we can change the manager quicker this season. It's a lose:win for some.

Although to the blinkered on here no Notts fan wants us to lose a game, or a manager to fail ever!!! Lol

One for all, and all for one. Well not quite#vivancm

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Always! But that can't happen regularly with NA in charge to get us back in the football league can it.

Although to the blinkered on here no Notts fan wants us to lose a game, or a manager to fail ever!!! Lol
    You just don't get it do you? HopefulPie has said he wanted us to win, but you think you know his thoughts better than he does himself!

You wet your pants on what you thought had happened, rather than what actually happened.

Maybe you should stick to Netflix, I would guess fantasy worlds are quite common on there.

I can only remember twice in my Notts-supporting life when I’ve thought to myself: At least if we lose today we’ll be closer to getting rid of the manager.

First time was in 1996, during the disastrous Colin Murphy era, when the atmosphere among Notts fans was so toxic as to be unbearable. Recall an away defeat at Luton when it felt like civil war was about to break out in the away end - and sacking Murphy seemed like the only possible solution. Second time was during the Fullarton era, which just seemed like a horrible act of self-sabotage by the Trews that I just wanted to be over.

I’ve never felt anything like that with Ardley, though I’m sure the lack of crowds at games is keeping quite a few managers in jobs for longer than would have happened in the “old days”.

Interesting to note, finally, that Yeovil are currently bottom of the league and Wealdstone are second. Strange times.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I can only remember twice in my Notts-supporting life when I’ve thought to myself: At least if we lose today we’ll be closer to getting rid of the manager.

First time was in 1996, during the disastrous Colin Murphy era, when the atmosphere among Notts fans was so toxic as to be unbearable. Recall an away defeat at Luton when it felt like civil war was about to break out in the away end - and sacking Murphy seemed like the only possible solution. Second time was during the Fullarton era, which just seemed like a horrible act of self-sabotage by the Trews that I just wanted to be over.

I’ve never felt anything like that with Ardley, though I’m sure the lack of crowds at games is keeping quite a few managers in jobs for longer than would have happened in the “old days”.

Interesting to note, finally, that Yeovil are currently bottom of the league and Wealdstone are second. Strange times.
    Didn't civil war in the away end break out in a Cup game that season [ Telford ? ] involving a bout of fisticuffs between the opposing factions ?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast