+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we oot o' the League Cup

Are we oot o' the League Cup

The eight group winners and four best runners-up progress into the second round, where they are joined by the four clubs participating in UEFA competitions

Dundee United gd4 8pts

So two Second positioned teams already have 9 points.

Raith are going to beat Cowdenbeath and will be better off than us on 8 points if they win by 5 Probably won't

St Mirren have to beat Queens Park to progress, but in that group Partick and Morton both have to win by 3 clear goals or more to be above usProbably won't

this leaves Arbroath to lose to Elgin by one goal or two but not 3 or draw

Alloa have to beat Stenhousemuir which is likely

So we will be still in cup if either Arbroath or Alloa fail to win.
    Last edited by Jim_Jam; 12-11-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Following the USA election last week was easier than the above but i think we are trumped.We could still declare ourselves winners of course and demand a by hand recount of Peterhead.

If they need any help i am willing to work on our shots on target/goals for and against desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    The eight group winners and four best runners-up progress into the second round, where they are joined by the four clubs participating in UEFA competitions

Dundee United gd4 8pts

So two Second positioned teams already have 9 points.

Raith are going to beat Cowdenbeath and will be better off than us on 8 points if they win by 5 Probably won't

St Mirren have to beat Queens Park to progress, but in that group Partick and Morton both have to win by 3 clear goals or more to be above usProbably won't

this leaves Arbroath to lose to Elgin by one goal or two but not 3 or draw

Alloa have to beat Stenhousemuir which is likely

So we will be still in cup if either Arbroath or Alloa fail to win.
    Surely if Arbroath lose to Elgin by whatever scoreline we go below Elgin? They will be on 9 points, us 8.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Surely if Arbroath lose to Elgin by whatever scoreline we go below Elgin? They will be on 9 points, us 8.
    Yes.

The defeat to Peterhead done for us in terms of qualifying. Based on the level of opposition and of performance that day we are rightly going out.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The defeat to Peterhead done for us in terms of qualifying. Based on the level of opposition and of performance that day we are rightly going out.
    Actually I agree, we were abject that day and not much better against Kelty Hearts...

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Following the USA election last week was easier than the above but i think we are trumped.We could still declare ourselves winners of course and demand a by hand recount of Peterhead.

If they need any help i am willing to work on our shots on target/goals for and against desk.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Arbroath draw against elgin would suit us just fine.

I never thought id see the day (yet again!!!) when we talk of our rivals the mighty Peterhead, Arbroath, Kelty Hearts and Elgin keeping us from next round of the cup. Sometimes i wonder of the 80s were just a fantasy dream lol

It's the hope that kills you. same as Scotland tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)