+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's lies from Sturgeon

Today's lies from Sturgeon

Real numbers without Scottish government spin.

We've been 9 months now and Sturgeon has just announced totals so far.

Positive tests = 75,000
    Deaths of people tested positive within last 28 days and dying of any cause = 3,000

We've been 9 months so I've assumed constant rates and extrapolated figures to what we could see after a year.

Population of Scotland = 5,5000,000
    12 month projection of total positive cases = 100,000
    12 month projection of total deaths = 4% of positive tests
    12 month projection of total deaths = 0.073% of total population

A truly lethal virus indeed, it kills a completely insignificant number of people. If you consider that within that number there will be a percentage that have died of completely unrelated causes due to the ridiculous 28 day positive rule then it looks worse for the politicians who have almost wrecked the economy and who have deliberately restricted our liberties. Can't wait for the next elections

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Positive tests = 75,000
    Deaths of people tested positive within last 28 days and dying of any cause = 3,000

We've been 9 months so I've assumed constant rates and extrapolated figures to what we could see after a year.

A truly lethal virus indeed, it kills a completely insignificant number of people. If you consider that within that number there will be a percentage that have died of completely unrelated causes due to the ridiculous 28 day positive rule then it looks worse for the politicians who have almost wrecked the economy and who have deliberately restricted our liberties. Can't wait for the next elections
    Without revealing your vote i'm genuinely interested in what the alternative is politically? The main parties all seem to be doing/saying the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Without revealing your vote i'm genuinely interested in what the alternative is politically? The main parties all seem to be doing/saying the same thing?
    I just think that once this is over people will waken up and realise that the whole thing was blown out of proportion by governments because they listened to worst case scenario predictions from scientists with (possibly) vested interests in sales of a future vaccine.

Once they do governments will possibly see their support melt a bit.

Positive tests = 75,000

Great post.

I just think that once this is over people will waken up and realise that the whole thing was blown out of proportion by governments because they listened to worst case scenario predictions from scientists with (possibly) vested interests in sales of a future vaccine.

Two in a row.

I'm going for the hat trick

Probably more deaths through suicide due to increased stress and anxiety than Covid.

I don’t doubt by people are fed up, but I see little difference in approach with the main parties so what is the alternative for voters?

I don’t doubt by people are fed up, but I see little difference in approach with the main parties so what is the alternative for voters?
    Same as there ever was. None really.

Don't vote for a main party or don't lend your vote to any.

There are plenty people who are going against the narrative.

Neil Oliver is another commentator who has been superb throughout all of this.

We have never had this problem of a National shutdown or different tiers throughout Scotland and the rest of the U.K. because of deaths from flu in the winter months despite a flu vaccine being available for everyone aged 65 and over plus other at risk people in Scotland.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)