+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Clarke resigns as FA chairman

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Anyone can make a mistake. And had it been a one off mistake then perhaps the apology would and perhaps should have sufficed.

But it’s clear he’s got a whole load of issues with anyone who isn’t a white hetero***ual man. So pretty simple he had to go.
    I'd agree with that. If it was simply a case of using the term 'coloured footballers' once then resignation would indeed seem to be PC gone mad.

But it wasn't simply that. The bloke seems to hold opinions which just aren't compatible with the job he was paid to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    MM , we agree on something !x
    Steady on!

How is it acceptable in Rap mucic to use rhe N word and denegrate women which I find abhorrent but not ok to use everyday language to describe something. Some of the people bemoaning Clarke need to reflect on which of those is most damaging for society. The fact he was pretty ineffective in his role is the reason he should stand down not what he said. Like his overall performance he just worded if badly not with any intended malice. For the PC a***lickers out there I cannot wait until it' s unPC to be PC. Whatever will you do with yourselves then???

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd agree with that. If it was simply a case of using the term 'coloured footballers' once then resignation would indeed seem to be PC gone mad.

But it wasn't simply that. The bloke seems to hold opinions which just aren't compatible with the job he was paid to do.
    This, 100 percent.

The FA seems to be decades behind the rest of the world with its mind-set, perfectly embodied by Clarke’s out-of-touch comments. His views on women playing football were perhaps the most pathetic of the lot. Good riddance, but I’m sure there are plenty of other dinosaurs still roaming the corridors of the FA.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    How is it acceptable in Rap mucic to use rhe N word and denegrate women which I find abhorrent but not ok to use everyday language to describe something. Some of the people bemoaning Clarke need to reflect on which of those is most damaging for society. The fact he was pretty ineffective in his role is the reason he should stand down not what he said. Like his overall performance he just worded if badly not with any intended malice. For the PC a***lickers out there I cannot wait until it' s unPC to be PC. Whatever will you do with yourselves then???
    I think it's because rap musicians have a different job to the chairman of the FA. You have to understand context. Eminem talks about taking lots of drugs, robbing grocery stores and of killing his mum on several of his tracks. But if the chair of the FA did that it probably wouldn't be acceptable, right?

The problem with the way this news story is being presented is that it's concentrating on Clarke using the word "coloured" to describe black people rather than on his multiple errors in judgement causing offence also to women, homo***uals and south asians.

At first I felt the same as many people on this thread "that's a bit harsh", but you read more and you realise he's just a bigoted old buffoon and the FA is best off rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I think it's because rap musicians have a different job to the chairman of the FA. You have to understand context. Eminem talks about taking lots of drugs, robbing grocery stores and of killing his mum on several of his tracks. But if the chair of the FA did that it probably wouldn't be acceptable, right?
    Therein lies the problem.Those sorts of attitudes and any acceptance that they are valid is ludicrous in a civilised society. The same rules should apply to us all. Hypocritical not to. Comparing those types of lyrics against the words Clarke used is insulting to society inngeneral and just demonstrates how skewed things have become. Our children are out there killing and maiming each other on the back of a drug culture that destroys lives and is glorified by Rap culture.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Have to say that I haven't listened to that kind of music, but from what I have heard about it I am somewhat bemused as to how it is allowed. It gets into people's minds, and we must be aware that what we think about will come out in attitude, words and actions. Context is important, but this overrides that, those words and thoughts are entering the mind, in whatever context they are made.

You may not agree though.

Some of my friends don't agree with the term coloured as they say we're all coloured just differently. They prefer black or really just man instead of black man. Why always bring race into it unl it's a talk specially about some issue ie the Greg Clarke. Also the rap music argument isn't right, I know loads of people who like that type of music in its different forms and they don't go and live the life. I grew up listening to rock from the 70's and 80's about taking drugs, ****ing women, treating them badly etc, it doesn't mean I get up, snort a line, **** and kick a groupie out my room and then get pass out drunk on the floor. I only do that on weekends.

If people can't come to terms with modern lingo and ways it offends then fair enough but they shouldn't be in public office.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Some of my friends don't agree with the term coloured as they say we're all coloured just differently. They prefer black or really just man instead of black man. Why always bring race into it unl it's a talk specially about some issue ie the Greg Clarke. Also the rap music argument isn't right, I know loads of people who like that type of music in its different forms and they don't go and live the life. I grew up listening to rock from the 70's and 80's about taking drugs, ****ing women, treating them badly etc, it doesn't mean I get up, snort a line, **** and kick a groupie out my room and then get pass out drunk on the floor. I only do that on weekends.

If people can't come to terms with modern lingo and ways it offends then fair enough but they shouldn't be in public office.
    So are you saying that some language is ok for some to use but others not?

Also, do you think that no-one is affected in any way by 'bad stuff' in rap music?

I guess you think it is harmless, I think it can be dangerous.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast