+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greg Clarke resigns for racist comments

Just been swotting up on Black History on the NAACP website. The NAACP is America's oldest and largest civil rights movement, that's what they say on their website anyway. and I've no reason to doubt them. What is most interesting is just what the letters NAACP stand for, it's full title is the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Just remind me again which word Greg Clarke had to resign over, I know they spell it without the u in the States, but I'm fairly sure it's the same word.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    He certainly had a full house in who he upset, blacks, Asians, gays and women.

But I have been confused about one thing for ages. Why is it OK to say "People of colour" but not "Coloured people"

It used to be wrong to say "black" but it is OK now.

It's confusing for a bloke of my age...
    Try non-binary if you think you are confused enough already 59er...

Non-binary: denoting or relating to a gender or ***ual identity that is not defined in terms of traditional binary oppositions such as male and female or homo***ual and hetero***ual.

Here is a fine example ~

Attachment 17441

This is Sam Smith by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Try non-binary if you think you are confused enough already 59er...

Non-binary: denoting or relating to a gender or ***ual identity that is not defined in terms of traditional binary oppositions such as male and female or homo***ual and hetero***ual.

Here is a fine example ~

Attachment 17441

This is Sam Smith by the way.
    Sam as in Samuel, or Sam as in Samantha ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Just been swotting up on Black History on the NAACP website. The NAACP is America's oldest and largest civil rights movement, that's what they say on their website anyway. and I've no reason to doubt them. What is most interesting is just what the letters NAACP stand for, it's full title is the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Just remind me again which word Greg Clarke had to resign over, I know they spell it without the u in the States, but I'm fairly sure it's the same word.
    Martin Luther King was at the very vanguard of the NAACP sinkov, and look where that got him.

Attachment 17442

Just read that Greg Clarke is about £400,000 per annum lighter now he has also resigned as vice-President of FIFA. We are in the wrong line of business my mate.

I scratch my head over people like him BT. He's an ex Grammar Schoolboy, he's been CEO of Cable and Wireless, Chairman of Leicester City, Chairman of the EFL, Chairman of the FA, vice-president of FIFA, he's clearly got something about him, but even a crackhead off the Stoops Estate wouldn't have walked into the bear trap he's walked into. Beats me.

Sam as in Samuel, or Sam as in Samantha ?
    Who seriously gives a phuck sinkov?

Who seriously gives a phuck sinkov?
    I have to admit BT that I had no idea who he/she/it was and have no interest. They are all on a quest for us to 'look at me' and, as far as I am concerned,they fail miserably because I never pay any attention to 'celebrity' and hardly recognise anyone outside the world of sport ---although I do recognise Captain Tom!

I scratch my head over people like him BT. He's an ex Grammar Schoolboy, he's been CEO of Cable and Wireless, Chairman of Leicester City, Chairman of the EFL, Chairman of the FA, vice-president of FIFA, he's clearly got something about him, but even a crackhead off the Stoops Estate wouldn't have walked into the bear trap he's walked into. Beats me.
    He was not for stopping either sinkov. People of colour? OMG stop now! No, no, I'll mention Asians are only good for IT and Afro-Caribbean's are pretty sh-it at everything. OMG stop now!. No, no, I'll add that girls are crap goalkeepers because they don't like the ball being kicked at them.

Christ Almighty, the producer should have stopped it after the first gaffe!

He was not for stopping either sinkov. People of colour? OMG stop now! No, no, I'll mention Asians are only good for IT and Afro-Caribbean's are pretty sh-it at everything. OMG stop now!. No, no, I'll add that girls are crap goalkeepers because they don't like the ball being kicked at them.

Christ Almighty, the producer should have stopped it after the first gaffe!
    BT --don't be silly! If they had stopped him in his tracks there would have been thousands, nay millions, of people who would have had absolutely nothing to get uptight about. At least these gaffes keep them occupied in talking and complaining about everything ----someone else, somewhere will be safe for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT --don't be silly! If they had stopped him in his tracks there would have been thousands, nay millions, of people who would have had absolutely nothing to get uptight about. At least these gaffes keep them occupied in talking and complaining about everything ----someone else, somewhere will be safe for now.
    Fair enough Supersub6, but it seemed like a suicide pact to me. Clarkey had a go at "coloured" people, blacks, gays ( I forgot he mentioned those too!), Asians, Afro-Caribbean people and mard arsed females. Gender, racism and homo***uality all slagged off in 1.24 minutes flat - impressive!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)