+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Greg Clarke resigns for racist comments

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Fair enough Supersub6, but it seemed like a suicide pact to me. Clarkey had a go at "coloured" people, blacks, gays ( I forgot he mentioned those too!), Asians, Afro-Caribbean people and mard arsed females. Gender, racism and homo***uality all slagged off in 1.24 minutes flat - impressive!
    He must have been trying for an entry in the Guinness World Records!

On the racist issue, I was shocked at the sheer bloody-minded, overt racism evidenced in relation to Sainsbury’s Christmas advertising campaign and hoped we might have learned from the global revulsion of racism witnessed in the George Floyd death and aftermath. Unfortunately, it is clear some people are just not able to let go of their racist bigotry and irrational hatred of the “others”.

I am crystal clear in my own mind that we must be anti-racist in everything that we do, and we should all unite together to eradicate individual, institutional and systemic racial inequalities that we can all witness going about our daily lives across the globe and in our own backyard.

Such is my profound hatred of racism, I am proud and happy to stand in solidarity with my friends and colleagues to put an end to racism, but can we please end this what has become by now farcical, the “taking the knee” at football matches?

I am crystal clear in my own mind that we must be anti-racist in everything that we do, and we should all unite together to eradicate individual, institutional and systemic racial inequalities that we can all witness going about our daily lives across the globe and in our own backyard.
    I can remember going into Greggs one day in Blackburn with an Asian friend of mine. I came out and waited outside, my Asian friend came out and complained the woman serving was racist, 'Why, what happened' I asked, 'She never said please or thank you, she didn't seem to want to serve me or speak to me at all.' 'She was exactly the same with me', I said, 'I just assumed she'd got out of bed on the wrong side, or it was a bad time of the month.'

Just saying like.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can remember going into Greggs one day in Blackburn with an Asian friend of mine. I came out and waited outside, my Asian friend came out and complained the woman serving was racist, 'Why, what happened' I asked, 'She never said please or thank you, she didn't seem to want to serve me or speak to me at all.' 'She was exactly the same with me', I said, 'I just assumed she'd got out of bed on the wrong side, or it was a bad time of the month.'

Just saying like.
    Phuck me sinkov. I went into Sainsburys in Bromley Cross at the start of the first lockdown, the middle aged white female till "assistant" was so obnoxious and rude I felt it important to ask her, "if she really wanted to be in this kind of job"?

She started crying and the Asian store door security dude asked me to leave without paying for my selected goods.

I had no idea if I was the victim of a lesbian backlash, or if I been racially profiled and subjected to reverse racism.

Never been anywhere near a Sainsburys since, nor will I ever again.

A little bit of "practice what they preach" would go a long way.

Such is my profound hatred of racism, I am proud and happy to stand in solidarity with my friends and colleagues to put an end to racism, but can we please end this what has become by now farcical, the “taking the knee” at football matches?
    With you on this one BT, but who's going to be first to say enough, and become the victim of the inevitable onslaught from the virtue-signalling lefties who infest social media. Ben Mee perhaps ? I did notice that Sean's knee remained a good six inches off the ground on Saturday, has he got a bad back, or was this his own little statement, he doesn't seem the type to get on his knees for anyone. It will be 'interesting' if it's still pantomime season when the crowds finally return, I don't think your average football fan will take too kindly to watching his heroes get on their knees before every game, and they might signal their displeasure in the time honoured fashion, which would have the lefty media spluttering into their half time lattes, and no mistake.

With you on this one BT, but who's going to be first to say enough, and become the victim of the inevitable onslaught from the virtue-signalling lefties who infest social media. Ben Mee perhaps ? I did notice that Sean's knee remained a good six inches off the ground on Saturday, has he got a bad back, or was this his own little statement, he doesn't seem the type to get on his knees for anyone. It will be 'interesting' if it's still pantomime season when the crowds finally return, I don't think your average football fan will take too kindly to watching his heroes get on their knees before every game, and they might signal their displeasure in the time honoured fashion, which would have the lefty media spluttering into their half time lattes, and no mistake.
    Aye, too true sinkov. Notice how the media always push this at the start of every broadcast and it is the current 'must be seen to be done' thing which has taken over the game.
    Sean probably suffers from arthritis in his knees and doesn't want to be seen as needing help to get up again!
    Time for it all to stop as far as I am concerned, however, sadly, it will not make any difference one way or another to those people who are definitely racist, they will not stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Time for it all to stop as far as I am concerned, however, sadly, it will not make any difference one way or another to those people who are definitely racist, they will not stop!
    Very true Sub, none of it will make any difference to the few braindead morons who actually are racist, in fact it probably encourages them more than anything else. It's nothing more than virtue-signalling, and lefties do like to signal their virtue, so it's probably here for the duration.

Very true Sub, none of it will make any difference to the few braindead morons who actually are racist, in fact it probably encourages them more than anything else. It's nothing more than virtue-signalling, and lefties do like to signal their virtue, so it's probably here for the duration.
    Definitely here for the duration ----they would not wish to upset someone, somewhere because you can be 100% sure that there would be a big outcry from the so-called "virtuous"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)