+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Clarke resigns for racist comments

Greg Clarke resigns for racist comments

FA Chairman Greg Clarke has stepped down from his role as our chairman," said an FA statement.

Clarke said: "My unacceptable words in front of Parliament were a disservice to our game and to those who watch, play, referee and administer it. This has crystallised my resolve to move on.

"I am deeply saddened that I have offended those diverse communities in football that I and others worked so hard to include."

"Peter McCormick will step into the role as interim FA chairman with immediate effect and the FA Board will begin the process of identifying and appointing a new chair in due course."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54894864

That could be a blow to Project Big Picture

He certainly had a full house in who he upset, blacks, Asians, gays and women.

But I have been confused about one thing for ages. Why is it OK to say "People of colour" but not "Coloured people"

It used to be wrong to say "black" but it is OK now.

It's confusing for a bloke of my age...

He should have been sacked a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

But I have been confused about one thing for ages. Why is it OK to say "People of colour" but not "Coloured people"

I’m with you 59, I’m not sure who decides what is appropriate. I’d be going down like Greg Clarke

Black is ok, brown is nearer the real colour of most but I think is not ok. Is white offensive too?
    I’m just not PC any more.

People who menstruate is weird, that stops the over 50s being women?? Time for bed!,

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    FA Chairman Greg Clarke has stepped down from his role as our chairman," said an FA statement.

Clarke said: "My unacceptable words in front of Parliament were a disservice to our game and to those who watch, play, referee and administer it. This has crystallised my resolve to move on.

"I am deeply saddened that I have offended those diverse communities in football that I and others worked so hard to include."

"Peter McCormick will step into the role as interim FA chairman with immediate effect and the FA Board will begin the process of identifying and appointing a new chair in due course."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54894864

That could be a blow to Project Big Picture
    What a load of codswallop that is , we’re better in this country at creating racism where it doesn’t exist than anywhere on earth

Just like BLM for its entirety, put back racism in this country 50’years as I said it would - I speak to people now who a far more racist than they ever were.

However couloirs people or people of colour as a statement- mis quote is ridiculous in that he’s been advised it’s not acceptable

The ethnic groups that this refers to have a bigger part to play In this if they TRULY want to stamp out racism and that is to be more tolerant and accept instead of villifiying and hanging people out to dry for nothing.

The mans not a racist.

Stop pigeon holing people and the problem will end overnight.

Lewis Hamilton bleats on about being black when he is mixed race, Tyrone Mings was sermonising yesterday about how Clarke is guilty of not "labelling" people correctly.

FFS! God help us all if the England ladies football team find them selves with a gay goalkeeper of South Asian origin who was born in Britain with a black father.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    He should have been sacked a while ago.
    An awful lot of people thought the same way about the former FA Chairman Greg Clarke, Alf.

The "mixed race" (my words!) England defender Tyrone Mears said yesterday, "everyone had a duty of care to know the right terminology" to label people.

We are not an unintelligent bunch on here Alf, but most of us would fail the same interview that Clarke messed up. The faux outrage from the PC and snowflake brigade is astonishing.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 11-11-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

It's confusing for a lot of us 59er. To help enlighten you Councillor, Sanjay Bhandari, Executive Chair at Kick It Out, said Clarke’s position had become “untenable” and added: “The grisly compilation of lazy stereotypes shows an archaic attitude".

I'm amazed at your "archaic attitude" Jim - try and keep up man!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I’m with you 59, I’m not sure who decides what is appropriate. I’d be going down like Greg Clarke

Black is ok, brown is nearer the real colour of most but I think is not ok. Is white offensive too?
    I’m just not PC any more.

People who menstruate is weird, that stops the over 50s being women?? Time for bed!,
    I'm going to try and help you negotiate the PC Brigade's carefully laid minefield OC:

BAME: black, Asian, and minority ethnic (used to refer to members of non-white communities in the UK).

Gay: a homo***ual person (typically referring to a man).

Lesbigay: a term relating to lesbians, bi***uals, and gay men.

Black person - a person with dark skin who comes from Africa (or whose ancestors came from Africa). Alternatives, but use them with extreme caution ~ blackamoor, Negro, Negroid, Black.

LGBT: Lesbian, gay, bi***ual, and transgender (often used to encompass any ***ual orientations or gender identities that do not correspond to hetero***ual norms).

GLBT: Gay, lesbian, bi***ual, or transgender.

South Asian person: South Asian ethnic groups are ethnolinguistic composition of the diverse population of South Asia, including India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, the Maldives and Sri Lanka.

Lesbian: specifically, relational to a gay woman or referring to homo***uality in women.

Coloured person (also coloured): Use at your peril! This is considered now to be dated and offensive and was used by apartheid states to mean persons of not wholly or partly of non-white descent. South Africa used it in the heyday of apartheid oppression as an ethnic label for people of mixed ethnic origin, including Khoisan, African, Malay, Chinese, and white.

Homophile: Homo***ual, gay or lesbian, having a ***ual or romantic preference for persons of one's own gender.

Hope this helps.

It is clear from the amount of asterisks on #9, the PC Brigade is alive on kicking on Digital Sports Group, (that's the guys who regulate this forum).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)