+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T disrespectful

Obviously it now needs moving 😡

Yes I’m biased but why can’t people just be respectful of a day that means a lot to people ?

I attended a ceremony and was in full uniform I walked about a mile back to my car.
    I got called a murderer and was accused of making us a target as well as other abuse.

Each opinion to there own however it’s sad that groups like extinction rebellion choose to do this.
    It’s disrespectful and actually disheartening to a lot of people.

I take your point to a degree yak but this is the footy side of the board. I was only commenting the other day to camiller how many new posters we have had on here since we have separated the politics from footy. We have also had some returnees.

Lets not spoil it. Have your say but lets keep footy separate from politics as much as we can eh?

For me its simple, if you think someone is going to politically contest what you say on the footy side just put your thread on the poiltical side. We all know the sort of stuff we put on here that is likely to be contested (often very angrily) we have had enough barnys about them over the years.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 12-11-2020 at 11:37 AM.

I didn’t put the OP up.

Not saying you did Yak. It was back of the net who did. I am just trying to make a general point about keeping this part of mmad more footy orientated and friendly.

I would urge all posters to read thro the footy threads and see how more pleasant posters are to each other even those who would normally argue like cat and dog about politics. Even the political threads have lost their nasty edge.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Not saying you did Yak. It was back of the net who did. I am just trying to make a general point about keeping this part of mmad more footy orientated and friendly.

I would urge all posters to read thro the footy threads and see how more pleasant posters are to each other even those who would normally argue like cat and dog about politics. Even the political threads have lost their nasty edge.
    Would agree with you Roly, cant really see anyone arguing about this one though

No surprise really who’s moaning about this thread is it.

I suppose leaving it alone and let Cam move it was too much

What is unfriendly about posting this?

I notice you and John are protesting about it been on here. It’s not political however your lack of condemnation would suggest you don’t agree with the condemnation of the protesters than where it is on the board.
    Cam can move it for me it wasn’t meant to be political.
    Your lack of empathy for people like Yak speaks volumes.

Maybe that will prove to be true but should we let it it potentially descend into chaos when it is clearly not footy related gm?

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    What is unfriendly about posting this?

I notice you and John are protesting about it been on here. It’s not political however your lack of condemnation would suggest you don’t agree with the condemnation of the protesters than where it is on the board.
    Cam can move it for me it wasn’t meant to be political.
    Your lack of empathy for people like Yak speaks volumes.
    You made it political when you mentioned Extinction rebellion which is a political movement BOTN. You might not agree with it personally but many do.We have had a couple of threads on here about remembrance day which went well because no political movements were mentioned in them. They at least related to footy because of the remembrance bits at the matches on Saturday.

I have lost distant relatives in wars so to say I have no empathy for others who may have is completely wrong.

I have my views about wars in general but I aint putting them on here for the reasons I have already stated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast