+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manager and assistant

Manager and assistant

With all the takeover talk and the likelihood of new management thoughts go towards who would be a good replacement!

With Rooney looking like he will stay part of Derby County at least for the short term it seems inevitable that he will be given temporary control of the first team.....

....now don’t all go berserk but what about McLaren as his number 2 to guide him through, at least when he has been here before we played good football and got results and when he was Smiths number 2 it was arguably some of our best recent times!

.....thoughts?

Yes I'd have McClaren back in that role

Might be some sense in that, Rich.
    Must have worked together...possibly from United and certainly from England days.
    Not sure it would happen as long as Mel remains...too much water under the bridge?
    The other obstacle might be the new investors wanting to put in their own man.
    Jamie Carragher has apparently suggested Rooney is a certainty to be the next Derby manager but, if that is true, he will need someone to ‘hold his hand’ in the short term.

In the mean time...it does seem to have gone deathly quiet on the takeover/Cocu fronts.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-11-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    With all the takeover talk and the likelihood of new management thoughts go towards who would be a good replacement!

With Rooney looking like he will stay part of Derby County at least for the short term it seems inevitable that he will be given temporary control of the first team.....

....now don’t all go berserk but what about McLaren as his number 2 to guide him through, at least when he has been here before we played good football and got results and when he was Smiths number 2 it was arguably some of our best recent times!

.....thoughts?
    I'd have him straight back, I was the one who predicted it last time and God knows why he got the push, I met him a few weeks before and he was happy and committed. Let him have another pop!

This will be running as a story on the DT website later

I can't see Mac playing 2nd fiddle to Rooney, maybe a Director of Football.

I think anything involving rooney will be a disaster, fantastic footballer in his day but he hardly inspires...

Possibly since our primary negotiators are still in covid quarantine rA? Or even not feeling well

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think anything involving rooney will be a disaster, fantastic footballer in his day but he hardly inspires...
    Indeed Andy. Whatever will those who think Cocu's interviews are a cure for insomnia make of Wayne's?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Possibly since our primary negotiators are still in covid quarantine rA? Or even not feeling well
    Possibly...but isn’t a vast amount of business done online and via video conferencing these days? Just a bit surprised...too many false dawns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)