+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which games would VAR have changed ?

Which games would VAR have changed ?

Ok, this seemed like a better idea when I woke up in the middle of the night and, for some unknown reason, began to think of the Tiote goal and the celebrations that followed...and then about the rest of the game...and then found myself thinking 'I bet, if we'd had VAR then, Nolan would have been sent off for that neck grab in the melee in the goalmouth after the pen'.

But...I'm going to go with it anyway ...so-which games (doesn't have to be ours) would have turned out very differently had VAR been around?

As I say. I think Nolan would have been sent off and, actually, the second pen for Williamson being...cough...ahem...let's say, to be kind,' crowded out', probably wouldn't have been given. At 10 vs 10, the fightback wouldn't have happened and Tiote's goal would have been nothing more than an interesting footnote.

Oh, and that smb Larsson would have been sent off for that ridiculous handball and Trelford Mills woulld have been demoted to under-9s football and we would have won that Brighton game.

Lampard's England goal springs to mind - that bounced down off the bar and clearly crossed the line. The goal wasn’t given.

Obvious one is Maradona's cheating at mexico 86. For Newcastle hopefully Rob Lee's goal from his own half would have stood.

Problem with that Rob Lee goal as far as VAR is concerned is that the ref pulled it back for a foul on one of our players and we got the free kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Problem with that Rob Lee goal as far as VAR is concerned is that the ref pulled it back for a foul on one of our players and we got the free kick.
    Var would probably give a free kick to Brentford

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)